Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurellpc
Channel Surfer

Re: roku mobile app won't recognize one of my devices

Jump to solution

I opened the app today to see if anything had changed and my TV showed up! 😆 It works now!

0 Kudos
TenaK
Reel Rookie

Re: roku mobile app won't recognize one of my devices

Jump to solution

Maybe they fixed a bug or something. Let me try!! U give me hope!

0 Kudos
Tony_from_Bmore
Reel Rookie

Re: roku mobile app won't recognize one of my devices **FIXED, I think**

Jump to solution

1.) The ROKU mobile app will NOT find or pair to your TV if it is already turned on.

2.) Do NOT try to use the "Connect Remote" settings in the TV.

3.) Simply UNPLUG (not just turn off using the remote) but UNPLUG the TV.

4.) Open the Roku App on your phone and then click the "Devices" icon in the lower right corner.

5.) Immediately, plug the TV back in and power it on.

6.) The app will now detect your TV and you're DONE!!!

Tony from Bmore

0 Kudos
TenaK
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow! That actually worked!! How did you come up with this solution? And why does it work?

Regardless - Thank you so much! My frustration has subsided!

Tony_from_Bmore
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Tenak.

I am glad it worked for you.  Your TV's Roku app is acting like a typical computer application.  Sometimes when changes are made it needs to be rebooted to have those changes be recognized by your network devices.  Word of caution though... you may have to do this periodically because sometimes the app on your phone will forget it's settings, but at least now you know how to restore it.

Tony.

0 Kudos
Jim24

Jump to solution

It didn't work for me 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jim24,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the post

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

We also recommend starting to take a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: How to connect the Roku® mobile app to your Roku device over Wi-Fi® | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Adofb2kb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Any luck with this yet? I have an express and a stick, and now neither will appear on the app, yet work fine doing the basic job of streaming. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Adofb2kb

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure that the mobile device you are using the Roku mobile app with is connected to the same wireless network as your Roku devices?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Adofb2kb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hello. I noticed that while it was on the same network (I only have one) the IP address was different, maybe because I have a mesh system. Couldn't find how to charge the IP address for Roku manually, but I made sure my phone was near the mesh mode the Roku is next to, and turned my phone WiFi off and on again. Roku magically appeared. I assume it will vanish again once my phone moves to a different node. 

Not ideal, as I don't have any issues with any other smart stuff on my mesh network, and the point of a mesh is that it should just work seamlessly. 

Note this is for the stick, not the express. Not tested the express yet. 

0 Kudos