Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photo stream is not moving on from the starting page

when i set up my first stream for photo stream. the channel would not move on from the first page ( the one with the QR code and intro video)

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: photo stream is not moving on from the starting page

Hi @lil_bro_can_rap.

A warm welcome here at the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching us regrading your photo stream issues. No worries, we're here to find you the best resolution.

Have you tried to reboot your device's system after removing the channel and before adding the channel back again? If not, follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote
  2. Scroll and select Settings
  3. Select System
  4. Select Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.
  5. Select System restart

If the issue is still persistent, please don't hesitate to let us know and we'd be more than willing to continue assisting you.

All the best,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AJVazq

I have the same issue and attempted to do a system restart on multiple occasion but the it still won't past the qr code.

@RokuCarly 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AJVazq,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the photo stream. Help is here. Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote, and choosing 'Remove channel.' Then try to add the channel again by pressing the home button on your Roku remote. Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select Add channel.

Additionally, during a slideshow, each photo appears for 10 seconds, and the stream loops in random order. You can see more here: How to use Photo Streams on your Roku® streaming device

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dave91

I have the same problems everyone else has posted about this very same problem since last year. Uploaded 100 pics, website has photo stream saved, device will not show them and channel only shows a beach and a jungle when in screensaver. Channel only shows QR code, no option to select uploaded stream. I would imagine most everyone has, literally, done every step in the self help and suggested "fixes" from the community. To no avail. Some have said changing the file extension to png was the key. I say bull. Is there a fix or is everyone here to "help" going to say the same nonsense in perpetuity? "Shut it off.", "Turn it on", "Delete the Channel.", "Reinstall the channel.", "We need more details.". Come on, stop bs'ing people, just give a straight answer for crying out loud. It's, more than likely, a server problem, not an end user's device. When will that be rectified? I, like most I would safely assume, am not looking to reinvent the wheel by changing my file formats and jumping through flaming hoops just to post photos. Is there a real fix from Roku coming? At this point, this isn't worth the time, or effort. It would be easy to conclude that big mad from the tone of this, but I'm m not. It's s just a lot of wasted time on something that is ludicrously simple on everything else in the digital world. That's frustration. Don't offer it, if it doesn't work. If it did, but doesn't now, fix it, but don't give people the word salad run-around.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dave91,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We regret hearing about this ongoing issue and appreciate the additional information.

We'd be happy to further look into it. However, we'll need additional information to identify better and understand the reason for this.

Could you please provide us with the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.
  • Errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

We'll be looking forward to your response. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos