Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mobile app not connecting to roku after doing a manual network connection reset

So I tried to fix the Disney+ Protected Content License error by doing a Network Connection Reset and I think I messed up. I attempted to fix the error with this method I found online. Problem is, I strictly only use the Roku App to use my Roku TV as I've lost the remote months ago. I didn't think this through and now my device won't connect to the TV since I reset the connection. Is there any possible work around? Or have I screwed up and now need to find/get a new remote.

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: mobile app not connecting to roku after doing a manual network connection reset

Hi @JDizzleMyNizzle

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Please note that the Roku mobile app will work only when the Roku TV and the phone are connected to the same WiFi network.

Here's a link to our support page to find out more about the feature:  How to connect the Roku® mobile app to your Roku device over Wi-Fi® | Official Roku Support

However, if there are any changes on the network (SSID and password), you will need a physical remote in order to input your new password and connect to a new wireless network. For US customers, you can check out replacement remotes in our accessories store here 

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
SantaFeSandman
Channel Surfer

Re: mobile app not connecting to roku after doing a manual network connection reset

Yep. I think you need a new remote. 

0 Kudos