Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PCWhiz

iOS mobile app crashes on startup

iOS app version 8.6.1

iOS version 15.6.1

uninstalled app and reinstalled. Still crashes after purple screen startup 

Labels (2)
17 REPLIES 17
Beeee

Re: How to fix iPhone app not connecting to Roku TV

This has literally been broken for about a year now and I have yet to see an update that resolved this. The only fix so far is unplugging and replugging the tv. I think it’s an IP connection issue or something within the routers connection because the app just doesn’t want to find the tv no matter you uninstall the app re install software, update the tv constantly, disconnect reconnect wifi. Please escalate to anybody who will care that the op is broken.

Shub

Re: iOS mobile app crashes on startup

Having the same issue very frustrating 

0 Kudos
Motohide
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix iPhone app not connecting to Roku TV

yep mine is broken too.

iPhone 13 Pro Max 

iOS 15.6.1 

App hangs on title screen, crashes out.

I have tried;

resetting iPhone.

reloading app

reinstalling app

resetting router

resetting TV

resetting Roku 4660

restarting all of the above.

checked iPhone security and IP settings

None of the above works. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@PCWhiz @Shub

Thanks for the post.

What mobile device are you using? If you have not already, can you please provide us with both the mobile device OS and the mobile app version?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
EricT

I am experiencing the same issue. I have an iPhone 11 IOS 15.6.1 with the Roku app version 8.6.1. 
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling without resolution. 

Thank you for your help.  

0 Kudos
Qwiption

Same issue: iPhone 13 and version 8.6.1 of the "Roku - Official Remote Control" published by "ROKU INC"

When I tap the icon in the iPhone homescreen, the App opens with the purple splash screen showing for ~10 seconds, then the splash screen disappears and returns to iPhone homescreen. When I open the Task Switcher view on iPhone, the Roku app still shows as running. If the Roku app is selected again, it repeats the 10 seconds of splash screen and "crashes" to iPhone home screen again.

I have long-pressed the app icon on the iPhone homescreen and chosen "Remove App" on the context menu that pops up. At the prompt, I chose the red "delete app" text, and confirmed the "delete" by acknowledging that deleting the app will also delete the data.  The app was gone from my phone. I re-downloaded the app from the App Store.

And for completeness, my Roku device is model 3600RW, with software version 11.0.0, build 4193-24

Pduan
Reel Rookie

Same. iPhone 11 Pro. iOS 15.6.1. Roku 8.6.1.

0 Kudos
janasjots

I have the same issue. The app was working just fine a few days ago. Then it just refuses to go past the initial screen. I have an iPhone 8 running iOS 15.6.1 with the latest version of the Roku app. Have tried multiple times to delete the app and reinstall. Power off the phone and restart. 

The Roku app was working without a problem before I updated to the latest iOS software update. 

0 Kudos

iOS app version 8.6.1

iOS version 15.6.1

uninstalled app and reinstalled. Still crashes after purple screen startup

i’m having this exact issue. 

0 Kudos