Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heallingcode
Binge Watcher

Where can i download the Roku app for Microsoft Edge ?

Where can I download the Roku app for Microsoft Edge?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Where can i download the Roku app for Microsoft Edge ?

Hi @heallingcode,

Thanks for your inquiry.

The Roku mobile app is a free application for iOS and Android devices that turns your mobile device into the ultimate streaming companion. To use the Roku mobile app to connect to your Roku device, you must connect your mobile device to the same wireless network as your Roku device

For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How to install the Roku mobile app

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
heallingcode
Binge Watcher

So how have I gotten Roku/On my laptop, I think I was asked of I wanted to install it when I visited the Roku website. It's microsoft Edge app its called The Roku Channel.bbos can i have it installed?

You see I only I only watching the free stuff on Roku Channel.

0 Kudos
heallingcode
Binge Watcher

It's not installed under Microsoft Edge extensions, but it's the only app I have installed; it's called the Roku Channel App.

0 Kudos
mop_891
Roku Guru

Microsoft Edge does not need an app to get to the roku channel. Just go, with any web browser to:

https://therokuchannel.roku.com/

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

There's two responses to the original question. First, there is no Roku "app" for Windows PCs. There used to be a control app that was similar to what is still available on iOS and Android devices, which allows you to control a Roku that is connected to the same network as the device. And that app does offer access to The Roku Channel without using a Roku device. But they dropped support of the Windows version of the app a number of years ago, and it is no longer available.

The second response is specific to The Roku Channel. Again, there's no specific app necessary. @mop_891 has provided the web link that can be used on any computer with any browser. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

There is no Roku app in the Microsoft Store. There are a couple of apps that claim to control Roku devices, but they are not provided by Roku and may or may not work correctly with your devices. It has been many years since Roku pulled their app from the MS Store. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos