Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Wake this device but wont work

I found a solution that worked for me. It turned out my phone was connected to my VPN. When I disconnected, the Roku app didn't have any trouble connecting to the TV.

0 Kudos
Drewbean
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your reply.

I actually don't use a VPN, unless Apple's Private Relay is considered a VPN. But if that were they case, then about hundreds of millions of iphone users will have this same issue!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Drewbean

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? When using the Roku mobile app, does the app detect your TV? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to resolve the issue? Have you already tried to reboot your wireless network to see if that helps?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Only issue im having is… If i turn off the tv through the app and few minutes later try to turn on it will turn on. But if i leave for some very long time or if i disconnect from my broadband (like going shop and back) my tv wont turn on unless its with hes own remote. I have 900mbps the router is inside my room tv says i get 190mbp download. Not sure but seems something wrong with either tv operating system or the app itself.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@PhantasyWave

Thanks for the post.

When you are trying to turn the TV back on from leaving through the Roku mobile app, are you making sure that the mobile device that you are using is actually connected to the wireless network again?

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Iconsee99
Reel Rookie

I didn’t have the actual remote so this is what I had to do to resolve this:

- Power off both wifi and TV (not sure both are necessary but I did both)

- Turn on TV once Wifi is up ( I was able to power on TV with the Roku app)

- Go into Settings —> System —> Power —> Enable Fast TV Start

My app remote has worked fine ever since. I did have to restart wifi and TV once more after changing the setting but you might not have to

0 Kudos