Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HonoreeK
Reel Rookie

Re: Wake this device but wont work

I am experiencing the same problem but “restart device” is not an option on my tv.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @HonoreeK

Thanks for reaching out!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? A photo of the problem occuring would be a great help as well. 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
garyurbo

I've still been having this exact same issue. My device and tablet are confirmed to be on the same wi-fi network and same frequency, but it's like the app can't seem to  communicate. I also don't have any blocks on my phone or tablet that world prevents communication. Restarting my device does not make any difference. The mobile app used to work just fine.

What's worse is that my actual Roku remote went missing, and just had a brief power outage. The roku lost power, and when rebooting, it did not automatically reconnect to the wifi network. WITHOUT the roku remote, I cannot connect to use the Roku at all.

I do that as well I got settings and do system restart then do the wake up device on Roku app. It only connects doing that process. To me that's somewhat a pain, along to do that each time. And that's only with my Roku TVs 

I have another non Roku TV that hase the Roku streaming device hooked up to it. That one always connects no problem.

0 Kudos

I have a TV that isn't a Roku TV that's the one the has the streaming device on it. The other TV's are Roku TVs they are the ones that the Roku app has the connection issues 👍🏻

0 Kudos
NanDinAz

This worked for me. Restarted my Roku tv thru system and connected right away. Thanks!

@Helper12 wrote:

I was having the same issue. I went into setting>system>restart device. Once I did that I was able to connect with the app again. Hope this helps you.

0 Kudos
Deantrucking
Reel Rookie

I was having the same exact issue.  I just went into the Wi-Fi settings and connect to my 2g connection instead of my 5g on my router and it fixed it.  Then I simply logged back into the 5g one and it was still good to go hopefully this works for you also

0 Kudos
Deantrucking
Reel Rookie

I forgot to say the wifi settings on the Roku.  Hope this helps everyone

0 Kudos
Static_

Unplug tv from wall outlet and plug it back in. works for me everytime but it’s a glitch that Roku needs to fix

Drewbean
Reel Rookie

Yeah I randomly have this issue. Roku app cannot connect to Hisense Roku TV. Same network. It works about 60% of the time which is an embarrassment for Roku to ship something so flawed 

First time I bought a Roku TV and surely my last. 

0 Kudos