Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bree_425
Reel Rookie

Wake this device but wont work

I have the Roku mobile app and I've been able to use it on my living room tv for almost a year now. Only if I need to use it. But now when I tried to use it, it says to wake this device while my tv is on and it wont connect to it. Does anybody have any idea on why this is?

Labels (1)
25 REPLIES 25
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Wake this device but wont work

@Bree_425 

I'm wondering if your phone is on a different network than the Roku. Many network setups have both a 2.4 GHz and a 5 GHz network connection. Some will not allow devices on one to communicate with devices on the other.

Use your actual Roku remote to see what network your Roku is on. Settings > Network > About

If the channel is above 13, you're on a 5 GHz network. If it's below 14, you're on a 2.4 GHz network.

Then look at your phone. For Android 12 phones, go to Settings > Network & Internet > [your network] > [settings gear] > Frequency.

If it's the same, and your phone app still won't connect, try removing the app from your phone, reboot your phone, then add the app back.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

RobW1836
Reel Rookie

I'm wondering if you've made any progress? I've been having the same trouble. I think it might have something to do with the update. 

Helper12

I was having the same issue. I went into setting>system>restart device. Once I did that I was able to connect with the app again. Hope this helps you.

Bree_425
Reel Rookie

Unfortunately no i have had no luck

DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Bree_425 

Your last response isn't clear. It's as if you were responding to the last post (which was a valid suggestion) but I never saw a response to checking your network. If you're not on the same network, you'll get the very results you're describing. That needs to be ruled out as a possible cause. Re-read my last suggestion and try if, if you haven't. If you have, confirm you're on the same network.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0_MaRiA_0

My Roku TV is not turning on and everytime I try to turn it back on it doesn't work.I tried the remote and my mobile Roku app.Even i tried to restart it from the back it still won't work.Many people say to press the home button but it still won't work! If anybody can help or relate please reply.I have been wanting too watch my tv for three whole day

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @0_MaRiA_0,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

For more help and assistance with this type of issue, you'll need to get in touch with the manufacturer of your Roku TV. You can locate their support contact information here: Contacting Support for Your Roku TV 

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

85shadows

@Helper12 wrote:

I was having the same issue. I went into setting>system>restart device. Once I did that I was able to connect with the app again. Hope this helps you.

This was the only thing that worked for me.  Phone and TV in same wifi and same frequency. 

Kenny6058

I hope we give this thing some buzz it's starting to eat me alive lol