Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rikusukcx

Turning off Eco Mode..doesn’t work neither does picture mode to normal

Nothing works with my tv. I’ve done eco mode in setting turned off and have changed the picture mode with the star button to normal. My tv still will disconnect from the app. I have to manually unplug the tv and plug it back in in order for the Wi-Fi signal to be picked up by the tv or app. At this point I don’t know which device is causing the disconnect. That is a headache especially when I’ve watched a movie and don’t want to move. I can never tell when eco mode is automatically turned on or by which device. Also the remote app will disconnect randomly when in headphone mode which I what I use for my subwoofers and speaker via Bluetooth since I refuse to buy any more scum Roku products. They need an update to fix this bug because there are way too many searches for the same issue, and not enough of them actually address and resolve everyone’s concern

8 REPLIES 8
JinGA

Re: Turning off Eco Mode..doesn’t work neither does picture mode to normal

The same thing is currently happening to me. My Roku app constantly goes to the wake up option because it says my TV is in Eco Mode. It is not. I have checked everything to no avail. This started around a week ago. Maybe an app update will resolve it soon. It makes the app practically unusable.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@JinGA

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look further into the issue you are experiencing but we will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshot or video when this issue occurs so we can better understand what you are experiencing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rubyortiz

I've been having this same exact issue about 2 weeks ago. My tv is not on eco mode and it's annoying

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @rubyortiz

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are seeing. Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

Keep us posted with the details. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Aharvey
Reel Rookie

My roku app basically stopped working for this same reason a few months ago. Roku definitely needs to roll out a new update because the app is now basically useless. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Aharvey

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

For us to help you better, we will ask a set of questions to isolate the issue:

• Could you tell us more details about the issue you are seeing with the Roku mobile app?
  • What happen when you tried to access the app?
  • Is there a certain feature on the app that is not working properly?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

With more details, we will be able to assist you further. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Aharvey
Reel Rookie

Thanks for the reply. The app stops allowing me to connect to my roku tv to use as a remote. I have tried un downloading the app and reinstalling, turning the tv on and off, reconnecting multiple times, etc. my girlfriend has the app as well and she has the exact same problems. Im not sure if its an issue with the tv or the app, but it used to work great, then suddenly stopped within the last few months. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Aharvey,

Thanks for following up.

We appreciate you for informing us about the issue with the Roku mobile app not connecting with your Roku device and letting us know about the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

Just to verify, have you made sure that you connect your mobile device to the same wireless network as your Roku device? 

If the issue persists, please refer to the support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to connect the Roku® mobile app to your Roku device over Wi-Fi® | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos