Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mf1

The new remote where you now slide to select on mobile apps SUCKS!!!! HORRIBLE

Why did they change this feature?  You can't select without hitting the center like 3 times.  The slide to move goes too far or doesn't react at all.  Hate this change.

[post moved to appropriate board]

8 REPLIES 8
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: The new remote where you now slide to select on mobile apps SUCKS!!!! HORRIBLE

What Roku remote are you talking about? Sounds like you describing an apple tv remote?

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
bsmudge73

Re: The new remote where you now slide to select on mobile apps SUCKS!!!! HORRIBLE

I concur.  All of a sudden, my roku remote app changed to a slide/swipe option and it is god awful.  No idea how to get the old version back with the arrows to tap to move around.  For some reason, my wife's app has not changed and not sure how to get the old version back.

bsmudge73

Problem solved.  I deleted the app and reinstalled and the remote now has the arrows to navigate.

mE_2020_2020
Reel Rookie

I hate it too! I was using it fine this morning but turned it on tonight for Bluetooth & the slider is there! I have an iPhone but this has nothing to do with Apple TV & if Apple changed it just another black eye for them!!! Grrrrr!

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

The RokuOS system is based on Linux, not the Apple tvOS.  Both operating systems are completely different.  Apple Inc. and Roku Inc. are also two completely different companies.  The former system is based on the kernel, so it is not considered Linux any longer.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
julieCT
Reel Rookie

I agree! I want the old one back. This swiping is unecessary extra effort and sometimes the swipe is taken as a tap. ANNOYING

0 Kudos
julieCT
Reel Rookie

Thank you! I did the same and it worked. 

0 Kudos
julieCT
Reel Rookie

I read abovie you just delete the app and redownload. you get the old one back. 

0 Kudos