Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Giannini4
Reel Rookie

Sustaining ability to use mobile app and streaming capabilities

when I first bought my Roku tv and for a while I had the ability to use my mobile app and be able to stream with no problem. I have now run into the issue where I can only achieve this function when I restart the tv but after that session of watching tv it will stop working. So the next day I have to restart the tv again if I want to be able to use my app or want to stream.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is the case or what I can do to fix this? I am not sure what caused this either…

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Sustaining ability to use mobile app and streaming capabilities

@Giannini4
Thanks for the post.

Are you making sure that the mobile device you are using the Roku mobile app with and the Roku TV are on the same wireless network? In addition, have you tried changing your wireless network channel to see if that helps the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Giannini4
Reel Rookie

Hey @RokuDanny-R, thanks for responding. The mobile device and the tv are on the same network. I haven’t tried changing the network channel, not sure how I would do that, but I can look into that.

What is weird about the situation is that it had worked great for a year or so and then all the sudden it stoped working properly unless I would restart the TV for every session of watching.

I appreciate any insight you have!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Giannini4

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to change the wireless channel to see if that helps your connectivity level. It's possible that you are experiencing wireless interference that is affecting your mobile device connectivity.

Please keep us posted what you find out and if you are still experiencing an issue, we can get you in touch with our Support team to further assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Giannini4
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R I am still having issues connecting my phone to both my Roku tvs. They aren’t old tvs either. Could I be connected to someone to help figure this out?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Giannini4
Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos