Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SlabBulkhead
Binge Watcher

Samsungs Roku app unacceptably unstable! What gives?

The Samsung Roku app is one of the single worst apps I ever got on my S10 phone. It is almost unsuable in a practical sense. Widget never works now, private listening audio via bluetooth randomly cuts off & stays off till I restart the whole phone & it sometimes forces me to re-select the Roku I was previously hooked up to. How is this app getting THIS bad? WTF is wrong with the devs behind this app? 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Samsungs Roku app unacceptably unstable! What gives?

You probably mean the Android-based Roku app (Samsung doesnt code the app nor is it available via the Galaxy Store).

If you havent already rebooted your phone, try that.  If that doesnt work, try reverting the app to the previous version.

Regardless, you should report the issue(s) directly to Roku:

chat or email:  https://support.roku.com/contactus  (choose setup/ultra/other/need more help?)

0 Kudos
SlabBulkhead
Binge Watcher

These are problems that need a fix with an update. Resetting/rebooting is only a temporary fix but the problems return eventualy. I've used the app on my old iPhone 7 & its not nearly as problematic. These are clearly bugs & glitches that are consistantly overlooked with every version of the Samsung/Google Play Roku remote app.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Agreed (though again Samsung has nothing to do with this) - make sure you report the problem to Roku as I previously detailed.

0 Kudos