Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheChuckB
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku mobile app private listening not turning off?

On a related issue, once I activate private listening on my Samsung Android Roku app, the private listening icon toggles headphones and phone speaker. I have to restart the app and TV several times to return audio to the TV.

0 Kudos
Drisi
Reel Rookie

I have this same issue. I use private listening on my iPad and it works fine. Then I want to switch back to normal tv speaker sound and can only turn off private listening with the iPad app (which was in my office). How do you turn off private listening with the roku remote?

roku tv 

TCL model 43s421

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ajdrisi

Thanks for the inquiry.

If you activated private listening from within the Roku mobile app, you will need to turn that feature off within the app as there will not be an option with the physical remote as it is not paired to your wireless private listening.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Drisi
Reel Rookie

This cannot be correct. If someone activates private listening on their mobile device and then leaves the house, there is no way for the roku tv to have speakers re-activated without the mobile device? 

Zaiidita
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue you resolve the problem? 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Zaiidita

Thanks for your post. 

We'd like to know more about the issue you are experiencing to help you further. Are you unable to turn off the private listening o your Roku mobile app? What happens when you tried to turn off the private listening on the app? Do you receive an error code or message during the process? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we'll be able to understand the issue and assist you better. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Nicholen
Reel Rookie

We just took our Roku tv out of the box and turned it on and it was in private listening mode. We can’t get any sound and have tried with the app remote. Please help!

0 Kudos