Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zaybay
Reel Rookie

Roku mobile app doesn’t see my tv

No matter what I do it doesn’t show up on the wifi even though my wifi network is the same on my phone and tv and it doesn’t even recognize the IP address, it keeps saying the device was not found. Then I restarted my tv as a last resort and it will won’t connect to the mobile app.

12 REPLIES 12
Zaybay
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku mobile app doesn’t see my tv

Also want to add that I live in my dorm right now so it’s not like I can restart my wifi or anything

sar1
Reel Rookie

I have same issue. it stopped working with ios 14, using iphone xr.

Zaybay
Reel Rookie

I never worked for me but I also have an iPhone XR, maybe that’s a problem??

Flyingkitty
Channel Surfer

I have an iPhone 11 Pro and I'm having the same issue.  I need this to be able to access my private listening through the app but the app is completely refusing to recognize anything.  Manual input of IP, not working, not able to manually type in my username and password...it's greyed out. 

It completely refuses to allow to me to use it at all.  Since my husband works from home I need this private listening so I can listen/watch TV while I work and not disturb my husband. 

This started for me today.  Literally turned on my Roku at noon and BAM!! not working with the app.  The chat CSR are cheeky and unhelpful. 
I even suggested there was a patch mismatch and was basically told to go in my corner that couldn't be. 
GRRR....

0 Kudos
Flyingkitty
Channel Surfer

I do realize I'm replying to my previous comment.  I pulled out an old Samsung phone and just installed the Roku Mobile App on that device.  
It found my Roku instantly.  I'm suggesting very STRONGLY that this is related to the App for iOS devices. 

Zbedabeast

Tlc roku tv not connecting to roku app

My tlc roku tv wont connect to roku app on my phone it keeps saying no device found

But the roku and my phone are connected to the same network i cant find the issue

Kriz

My Roku app on my iPhone 5S has always worked until last night. Now it has ceased to find the Roku TV on the same wi-fi network.

0 Kudos

I have the exact same problem. I tried to connect my old samsung also. Same problem.  Both phones worked and connected last week but they do not work anymore. Google Pixel 4a and Samsung Galaxy 7.

0 Kudos
sar1
Reel Rookie

looks like i found a solution. not sure if it works for others as well. 

1. reset router and configure wifi settings 

2 remove all wifi connections from phone. 

3 connect to router with wifi. DO NOT connect to guest wifi. router does not allow guess connection to see connected devices. 

4. connect to wifi from TV using same connections as used on phone. 

5. now reinstall roku on phone and give it a try. 

it worked for me. hope works for you too 

0 Kudos