Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cindyyy

Re: Roku iPhone App Private Listening No Sound

Jump to solution

For me, it doesn't work when I use a VPN on my phone. With the VPN turned off it works.

Lad2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I seem to have fixed mine 

after updating I pad and tv

it still didn’t work until I turned both off and back on again

0 Kudos
Rohan451

Jump to solution

Hello Danny,

I’d like to add another possible solution to private listening not working:

ExpressVPN was the culprit on my iPhone which was preventing private listening from working when I updated to iOS 15.7.

When I disabled ExpressVPN, private listening worked fine.

I also wonder if other third party VPN’s may also be a potential cause for this issue. 

I spent a lot of time since 15.7 was released trying to solve this issue.  I hope this helps others who may encounter similar or the same issue.  If nothing else works, it might be your VPN. 

0 Kudos
Octaneguy

Jump to solution

** Update 12/22/22**
I’ve been using this fix successfully everytime I lose audio for private listening.  I don’t hear the audio but the headphone symbol is active.  The solution is as simple as closing the app I’m in, open Hulu and switching Private Listening and it works, then switch back to the app I was using, YouTube TV and the private listening will work there too.

** original post**
I’ve been having this issue watching YouTube TV.  However what I did was change to Hulu and the sound worked fine.  When I opened YouTube tv again the private listening also worked there .

A320av8r

Jump to solution

Worked for me, thanks

0 Kudos
SteveM7

Jump to solution

Thank you Cindy!  You are a genius...

0 Kudos