The Roku app on my phone fails to connect to any online Roku devices in my home network. They are listed and I used to be able to connect to them, but I can only connect Manually which requires me to use my sons phone that works perfectly fine.
* I have several Roku, and many/most/all of them have the same problem.
* They were still listed in the app, but I couldn’t connect unless I did it Manually.
* My son and I both have iPhones
* Every Roku device and both phones are on the same network
* He is not logged in - but it doesn’t matter whether I am logged in or not - same issues
* I don’t have a physical remote
* Our shared network is an Eero which does support 2.4Gz (of course, everything works fine for me some but not for me)
* I’ve tried logging out and back in
* I have even tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it
No matter what, same problem - I can’t connect (unless I do so Manually by inputting the IP address)
* Manually connect does still work, but when I leave the app, the connection drops and won’t reconnect without going back through the manual connection process again
*same home network - as likely evidenced by the ability to connect when explicitly inputting the IP
Quite stumped by this. If I didn’t have a completely working decide with my sons phone, this would be a real problem. Still, I don’t like asking him to borrow his phone so I can change the channel.
Re: Roku devices work on one phone but not another
My Roku Ultra wouldn't connect to my new wireless network with eero Pro 6 router. I worked on this issue for 4-5 hours to finally pin point it to the eero router being the issue. I think it has something to do with how heavily they integrate with Amazon products and try to exclude Roku.
Try going on the eero device app and setting up a guest network. Connect your Roku device to the guest network and the phone you're using to control it, should work then... or trash that eero router- they are filled with issues and is the reason I discourage my clients from using them.