Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken1966
Channel Surfer

Re: Expert picture settings

What kind of phone does your wife have? Thanks.

0 Kudos
sslane
Reel Rookie

@Ken1966 wrote:

What kind of phone does your wife have? Thanks.

Same as me, a Samsung Galaxy Note 10. It works on hers, but not on mine, at least for now. No idea why. 

Another funny thing, I dug out a very old phone I no longer use, charged it, connected it to the wifi, and installed the Roku app. It's a different interface, so maybe it's an older version of the app, but it works on that phone too. 

0 Kudos
Ripsaw5165
Reel Rookie

The app still crashes to operation error on expert picture settings on my Samsung Galaxy Note 20, even though the phone now is running Android 11.  Been away from this issue since my post here last year when my Note 20 was running Android 10.  So, I still can use my same workaround as before which is just use the app on my old Moto X4 phone which runs Android 9.  Roku app works fine in it and accesses EPS on the TCL tv just fine. 

I literally keep that old Moto X4 around for the express purpose of using the Roku app on it if I should need to jump into Expert Picture Settings.  Thing no longer has a sim card, just a zombie phone to use for the tv's extra settings.  

0 Kudos
owcraftsman
Reel Rookie

I recently replaced my AVR and factory reset everything including my TCL 65R617 I was having the same issue and getting the same error so googled it and it led me here. After reading several pages stating it must be android I broke out my Old Pixel 3 charged it and ran the Roku App, but same error. For whatever Reason it occurred to me since I use my FireHD 10 Tablet for a remote that I may have setup the TV originally with it. I had reset it recently to factory defaults so the app was no longer on it but I went to Google play store and download the Roku App. Wala works like a charm now. I'm not sure why or how all I know is I have a FireHD 10 Tablet running the latest version completely updated and downloaded the app today which also must be that latest version and it works perfectly.

0 Kudos
N473

@RokuDanny-R  When will this be fixed?

0 Kudos