Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sirald66
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Remote app crashes after 2 seconds

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Appears that some form of the problem has returned with 8.6.1 for others.

ANDY - Salt Lake, UT US

ac373
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

A few more details: same issue (app won’t open, just hangs on purple screen before crashing) occurred both before I updated to 8.6.1 and after, and persists even after updating my iPhone 8 to iOS 15.6.1.  Any fixes or solutions, or apps you’d recommend for safe use as a Roku remote in the meantime? Thank you.

dommy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

yes my iphone 8 will not open it...  purple screen and nothing...  8.6.1 and i have all the ipdates on the phone... it''s annoying because i use it to listen on my headphones

Camgz

Roku app will not load after updating to 8.6.1

Jump to solution

I have IOS 15.6.1 and just updated the roku app to version 8.6.1.  When I open the app it will not finish loading. It will bring up a purple screen that says roku and then will eventually crash and close. 

Tags (1)
Teejay1

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue: app  opens and freezes on the purple Roku screen for a couple of seconds and then crashes. 
iPhone 13, running iOS 15.6.1.  According to the App Store I have the latest version, 8.6.1. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling anyways, but still doesn’t work. Also shut down and restarted my phone after reinstalling the app and that didn’t help either . 

it is August 26th; looks like this problem has been around a while. Please listen to us and fix it! 

danielleh

Jump to solution

Same issue for me, Roku app version 8.6.1 in an iPhone 13 running iOS 15.6.1. My Roku remote stopped working (no, it’s not dead batteries) so the app is the only way I can use my Roku. 😭 

danielleh

Re: Roku app will not load after updating to 8.6.1

Jump to solution

I have the same issue on iOS 15.6.1

I tried deleting the app from my phone, restarting the phone and reinstalling the app. No luck.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same issue here: app tries to start up (blank purple screen), then it goes away. It remains in memory though.

0 Kudos
RicB

Jump to solution

Same here for an android 10 phone. Works for first time when installed then freezes on each start up after, so having to uninstall and reinstall every time I need to use it, same on another phone in the household running same OS.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

-mobile device, brand, model, and OS
-Roku mobile app version
-steps to reproduce the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator