Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skilled_sailor
Reel Rookie

Roku Express Screen Mirroring

Jump to solution

Howdy friends. My device says it has the ability to screen mirror but I don’t see the option to when attempting to actively screen mirror. Can anyone help? I have a Roku Express model 3930RW 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express Screen Mirroring

Jump to solution

iOS (Apple's OS) doesnt natively support Miracast - you need another app for that.

And your 3930 doesnt support AirPlay2 - you need a 4K-capable model for that.

You either need to get a Miracast-compatible app, or get a 4K-capable Roku model.

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

Is my Roku device compatible?

To determine if you can use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku device, you need to know the software version and device model. To find this information, go to the home screen and select Settings > System > About.

The Roku devices listed below support streaming with AirPlay 2:

Device Model

Roku TV™ 

Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx 

Roku Streambar™

Roku Smart Soundbar 

9101, 9100 

Roku Ultra

4800, 4670, 4661, 4662, 4660, 4640 

Roku Premiere

4630, 4620, 3920 

Roku Streaming Stick®+ 

3811, 3810 

To use AirPlay and HomeKit, your compatible Roku device must be running Roku OS 9.4 or higher. Your Roku device checks for an update every 24-36 hours or you can manually check for a software update if necessary.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Miracast-based mirroring is enabled by default (Settings/System/Screen mirroring/Screen mirroring mode)

What device are you attempting to mirror from?

0 Kudos
skilled_sailor
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@StreamerUser wrote:

Miracast-based mirroring is enabled by default (Settings/System/Screen mirroring/Screen mirroring mode)

What device are you attempting to mirror from?

an IPhone 8

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

iOS (Apple's OS) doesnt natively support Miracast - you need another app for that.

And your 3930 doesnt support AirPlay2 - you need a 4K-capable model for that.

You either need to get a Miracast-compatible app, or get a 4K-capable Roku model.

https://support.roku.com/article/360057488733

Is my Roku device compatible?

To determine if you can use AirPlay and HomeKit with your Roku device, you need to know the software version and device model. To find this information, go to the home screen and select Settings > System > About.

The Roku devices listed below support streaming with AirPlay 2:

Device Model

Roku TV™ 

Axxxx, Cxxxx, CxxGB, 7xxxx 

Roku Streambar™

Roku Smart Soundbar 

9101, 9100 

Roku Ultra

4800, 4670, 4661, 4662, 4660, 4640 

Roku Premiere

4630, 4620, 3920 

Roku Streaming Stick®+ 

3811, 3810 

To use AirPlay and HomeKit, your compatible Roku device must be running Roku OS 9.4 or higher. Your Roku device checks for an update every 24-36 hours or you can manually check for a software update if necessary.

0 Kudos
rachelws
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem (iphone 6, Roku Express+).  It worked just fine on a previous Roku (don't remember the model) with this same phone - I was able to swipe up, select "Screen Mirroring" and the Roku showed up.

I checked my Roku settings and mirroring is allowed.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@rachelws wrote:

I am having the same problem (iphone 6, Roku Express+).  It worked just fine on a previous Roku (don't remember the model) with this same phone - I was able to swipe up, select "Screen Mirroring" and the Roku showed up.

I checked my Roku settings and mirroring is allowed.

All the information you need is literally right in the post above yours - please read it.

0 Kudos
rachelws
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I DID.  It was wrong within the first few lines:

"iOS (Apple's OS) doesnt natively support Miracast - you need another app for that."

My previous Roku (which I have actually reinstalled and everything works great) is identified by the native iOS screen mirroring and I have never had to install an additional app.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@rachelws wrote:

I DID.  It was wrong within the first few lines:

"iOS (Apple's OS) doesnt natively support Miracast - you need another app for that."

My previous Roku (which I have actually reinstalled and everything works great) is identified by the native iOS screen mirroring and I have never had to install an additional app.

Settings/System/About  - lists the model # and name for any Roku device (had you read the information in the previous post, you'd see this same information...)

Either your "previous Roku" has AirPlay support (see the chart above), or additional software was installed (a.k.a "an app") on your phone for Miracast-compatible mirroring.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Doesn’t even work 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

How can I connect with no wifi to Roku from Motorola g power

0 Kudos