Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drewjames76it
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku App Will Not Find Device

FIXED! I ended up going to my app settings in my phone for Roku. I cleared the storage and cache. Then reopened the app which immediately connected to my Roku tv. All better now. 😀😀😀

avezes
Channel Surfer

Good luck. That worked for me until the first time i opened another app. Roku app does not handle being in the background for me

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @avezes

Thank you for the inquiry!

For these issues, try clearing the cache and uninstalling the Roku mobile app from your phone.  Then Restart the phone and Reinstall the Roku mobile app.

When the internet connection has been dropped or is not operating well:

Reboot the router (even if other devices have no problem finding and connecting). Sometimes that's all that's needed.

To clear Roku's memory, restart it. Depending on your Roku model and version number, the System restart option will be found under either Settings > System or Settings > System > Power. 

Locate and connect to your network by going to Settings > Network > Set up connection. ( If that doesn't work, try disconnecting your Roku for a few seconds.)  When it comes back up, see if you can set up the network connection.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
wcarey
Reel Rookie

I am having this same issue.  My Roku devices are all using version 11.5 of the Roku software.  Everything is on the same network (I’ve only got one network) and my Roku Streaming Stick can ONLY use WiFi to connect, whereas, I have my RokuTV hardwired (it works fine).  The app (ver. 8.11.0.47) refuses to see ANY Roku devices that are using WiFi.  My hardwired RokuTV works perfectly.  I can manually enter the IP address on my Streaming Stick and it will work at that moment but if I come back tomorrow, it says the device is “Not Found On Network”.  I assure you that it is and very easily proven.  This all started with version 11.5 of the Roku software.  By the way, NONE of the steps in the FAQ fix this.

avezes
Channel Surfer

I hate to do this, since i have everything set the way i like it on the roku; but little things like wanting to pause when the phone rings, don't work... So going to try a fire stick. 😞

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@wcarey 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Is your wireless router broadcasting in 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Some wireless networks have different frequencies. Are you making sure that the mobile device is connected to the same wireless network frequency? In addition, who is your ISP (internet service provider) and what brand and model router are you using?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wcarey
Reel Rookie

Thanks for replying, Danny.  Nothing on my network or devices has changed except for the software.  My RokuTV ONLY works with the Roku app on the iPhone because it’s hardwired.  Once I change to WiFi, it’s gone.  I am using an Eero WiFi 6 system via Xfinity XFi ISP and it worked fine up until Roku went to version 11.5 on their software.  My phones and Roku devices are all on the same network.  I can do a screen cap of my network showing this if needed.  Not the end of the world, but annoying.

0 Kudos
avezes
Channel Surfer

Too late. I have replaced it with an appletv. I'm the customer, not the QA department. I'm not paid to troubleshoot.

Bsimmers19

Go to settings on what

0 Kudos
mmarkovi
Reel Rookie

Having same issue out of the blue. All things are the same, no changes except my 2 Roku devices are not listed in my screenshot options .. no changes on my phone, but my television ..  this is obviously it's a known issue and I need the solution.  I'm not running in circles chasing my tail just to get nowhere.  Certified same network, restarted multiple times.  It may show but up is gone again after I return to the.  Need solution please

0 Kudos