Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkateholcomb
Reel Rookie

Roku App Will Not Find Device

Tonight when I tried to turn on my Roku TV (only a year old) the app acted as if it couldn’t find my TV. I grabbed my remote and turned it on manually. I went into Youtube and tried to connect to my device to cue videos and it acted as if it couldn’t find it. I launched the Roku app on my phone once again and it couldn’t find the device. I tried restarting my TV (going to setting and restarting it & unplugging the TV) and it still doesn’t work. I also deleted the device on my “known devices” in the app, uninstalled the app, turning off my phone, resetting my home wi-fi, and more. NOTHING is working. My TV acts as if it can not connect to anything on my phone! What do I do?

38 REPLIES 38
kkateholcomb
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku App Will Not Find Device

I would like to add I checked my TV for updates and the app for updates before uninstalling it and downloading it again!

Drewjames76it
Reel Rookie

I am experiencing the same thing. The app on my phone did end up finding my tv and connecting last night, finally after 100 attempts but now today it's back to not even recognizing my Roku tv, even when I enter it's IP address manually. Wth. 

where is i.p address?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@seattlebobby, you can find your Roku device's IP address by navigating to Settings->Network->About.  That assumes you have a working remote and your device is already connected to your network.  If it's not connected to your network, you'll need a working remote to get it connected - you can't use the app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Bdwhite

Just went through the same thing. If you have your original remote go to settings>network>check connection and then it should pop up in your devices and you should be able to use your remote. Hope this helps! 

0 Kudos

the reason why it didn’t find it is because the fast tv option is unable, go to settings, system , power and enable fast tv start !! and you will be good i came here finding a solution but i found it myself hope you guys use it too !! 

user1235678
Reel Rookie

Same problem the Roku app remote does not work on my iPhone 11 or my boyfriends iPhone 12. I have to use the regular remote.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @user1235678

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Make sure the mobile device and the Roku player are connected to the same WiFi network. We recommend that you try restarting your wireless network, and then rebooting both your device and mobile app. For other troubleshooting steps that would guide you connect the Roku Mobile app to your device, you may check this How to connect the Roku® mobile app to your Roku device over Wi-Fi

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
avezes
Channel Surfer

Sweeeet!

Where is that setting 

0 Kudos