Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hanvan
Channel Surfer

Re: Private listening not working via app

I contacted Now TV they specified it's an issue with Roku. Seeing as it's a problem via the Roku app (Which Now Tv has no control over) that makes sense. So when will this problem be acknowledged and corrected? It's been months, and I've tried to get a solution at every turn. 

Paul14736251
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

It's Day 10 since your message.  Still nothing from your ROKU "Support team," a team that I've not yet seen any evidence of actually existing.

Kindly recall -- I first contacted them in JULY.

Paul14736251
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

It now says it's been "2 weeks" since your promise of getting your "Support team" involved here.

So far -- deafening silence.  Have you gone to run and hide as well?

I'm beginning to view ROKU as a despicable, irresponsible company.  Am I correct?  A response that's sooner than 2 weeks would be appreciated (but not expected).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Paul14736251

Thanks for the follow up. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have escalated your concerns and you should hear from our Support team. If you still have not received a contact from our Support team within 1 business day, please feel free to send me a PM and I'll make sure you are assisted.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rrwd
Channel Surfer

I have an open ticket (6193778) for the same problem...  with this as the last message:

"We will send the issue details to the concerned team. They will investigate the issue and get back to you through email. "

It's been over 2 weeks and they will not answer requests for updates.  

I don't think that there actually is a "concerned team".  

Hanvan
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

I've been in contact about the same issue? I replied above. 

0 Kudos
Hanvan
Channel Surfer

@Paul14736251 @Rrwd did you guys get any solution? 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Hanvan

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paul14736251
Channel Surfer

Nope.  Still waiting for a response.  Going to fill in @RokuDanny-R now on ROKU's continuing ineptitude.

0 Kudos
Paul14736251
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

Over a month ago, you said you'd contacted the nebulous ROKU Support on my behalf.  I can affirm that you clearly did so, and I'm appreciative.

However, their response was more continued nonsense, which appears to be their metiér.

More of the same, repeated questions that I'd been asked (and had answered) after my July inquiry/ticket/whatever.  I dutifully provided those responses, as asked.  Yet again, I was told on Oct 19 that they had, "escalate[d] the issue to our engineering team".

As before, a fat lot of help that served.  On Oct 27, I received a message that, " We're following up to let you know we've got an update. To respond, reply to this email."

So, I need to beg them for a response to the question that I'd been asking since July?  Hoping for an answer, I responded as I'd been instructed to, regardless of the requests' imbecility.

No response from your "Support" wing since then.  By my count, that's 3 weeks after they'd told me I had to beg for the answer they'd found to my question from July (4 months now?).

Do you ROKU employees enjoy jerking your customers around for their amusement?  What do I have to do to get any help from you imbeciles?  Do I need to file a consumer complaint form with the State Attorneys General in each of the states in which you have offices and business assets?

Right now I've got a bunch of free time on my hands, so that's a reasonable possibility.  Always looking to expand my hobbies.