Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hanvan
Channel Surfer

Re: Private listening not working via app

Roku device model, 32558X099835, Now device 4200SK, Version 10.5.3 build 4094.
Mobile device brand and model - IPHONE 12
Mobile app version - 8.3.1
I followed steps and didn't get anything on a tracker ID.

The problem has been consistent for the last few months. Click on private listening via the app, it connects for around 10-12 seconds then disconnects. You can repeat by clicking the button but the same problem persists. This seems to have happened around the 8.1.0 app update. 

Many people have this issue, a quick look at your latest reviews shows the extent. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Hanvan

Thanks for the post.

From the information that is provided in your post, it looks like you are using a NOW device that is powered by Roku. For further assistance regarding troubleshooting your device, you'll need to contact the device provider as they would best be able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Martyb64

I ran into the issue of private listening that stopped working.

make sure if you have multiple networks in your home that the network your TV/ roku device is connected to is the same your phone is connected to.

this solved my issue 

Hanvan
Channel Surfer

Thanks Marty, yeah I only have one network and still continues to not work months and months later. 

I've even done a full reset on the device and app but the 10-second connect then drop-off continues. 

Roku haven't address this issue with a fix. Frustrating. 

0 Kudos
Paul14736251
Channel Surfer

I just decided to look into this problem here since my CS ticket on this problem from July still has not been answered.  I see that ROKU is about as interested in addressing the issue here as through "support."

I too had a long period of Private Listening working on my ROKU Ultra with my BT connection on my Android phone (was v.12 and now is 13).

After a firmware patch and app patch, it just drops out randomly or when any sound comes through any other app on my Pixel 6.

This never used to make the Private Listening drop out -- now, I get a little speaker graphic on the screen, and the connection is severed.  No help from "support," and it appears that there's no help here either.

Anyone from ROKU wish to disabuse me of that impression and actually help people who are having this problem?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Paul14736251
Thanks for the post.

If you are currently in touch with our Support team, we would recommend continuing to work with them regarding the issue you are experiencing as they would be best able to assist you moving forward.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Paul14736251
Channel Surfer

Well, @RokuDanny-R ,

Let me pass the issue back to your home court.

I first opened this ticket in July, and after a few quick follow-ups from ROKU "support" (please do note my use of irony), I heard nothing from them until over a week ago.  The agent/support-individual/you-pick-the-appropriate-pronoun simply asked me if the problem was still occuring.

I replied in the affirmative, of course, since nobody-ROKU has fixed Jack and since the problem that they have never asked for any actual specifics on has never been addressed.

Again, that was over a week ago.  Still radio-silence from the ROKU world other than profuse apologies for not yet helping at all because all y'all are so incredibly over-worked (and, I'd guess, over-paid).

Would you adjudge my situation to be one in which I'm "currently in touch with [y]our Support team"?  I hesitate to speculate from my perspective because, since this July problem surfaced, it's completely unclear to me that ROKU actually POSSESSES a "Support team," as not even your enlightened self appears to be interested in helping me, hoping to "punt" my question to your colleagues. 

Paul

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Paul14736251

Thanks for the follow up. I'm sorry to hear about the experience—that's not what we aim for.

I have passed along your concerns to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hanvan
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

I've also had the same issues for over 6 months now with no resolution. Or even acknowledgement of the problem! 

So I wouldn't hold you breath @Paul14736251 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Hanvan

Thanks for the post.

As previously responded earlier in this thread, it looks like you are using a NOW device that is powered by Roku. For further assistance regarding troubleshooting your device, you'll need to contact the device provider as they would best be able to assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos