Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celticwarrior
Channel Surfer

Private listening not available for this input

Hello. I have a brand new TCL Roku tv 50 inch. I have  wireless earbuds that work on both my Samsung Galaxy A70 and my android ipad. The tv, phone and iPad are all on the same network and mobile app successfully downloaded.

Private listening is enable on mobile app. TV sounds shuts off when private listening is enabled. There is no sound out of wireless earbuds and ear buds are connected and paired with devices. Can someone help and explain why the earbuds are not working with the Roku tv?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Private listening not available for this input

@Celticwarrior

Thanks for the post.Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Celticwarrior
Channel Surfer

Thanks very much for  replying to my dilema,lol so i have downloaded the roku mobile app to try and set up  private listening. I have a TCL Roku tv so there is not any roku remote other than the remote for the tv itself

so when i click on the  mobiel app remote on my ipad, it does not give me any of the info you are askng for

Im sure if i was using a real roku remote it would

I turned on the private listening on the roku mobile app , which automatically cuts the sound from the tv

But there is a red line though tthe headfones on the  mobiel roku app  and  a message pops up sayign  private listening cannot start. private ilstening is not available on this input

Ok so on the tv remote which i guess is a roku remote, it gives the following when i press the settings button, then system then about

ROKU  TV A118X

TCL model 50S533-CA

Serial X00300PTM398

Software version 1000.build 4209-88

Device ID  S05MY09TM398

0 Kudos
Celticwarrior
Channel Surfer

sos im guessing you dotn have an answer for me,lol

0 Kudos
Qmac1977

Private listening only worked for me when I used Netflix or another streaming app. 

0 Kudos
Celticwarrior
Channel Surfer

hi, ty for the reply

yes if i use the roku remote with a roku box it will work

guess i stumped the roku can with my question,lol

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Celticwarrior

Thanks for providing us with your information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Celticwarrior
Channel Surfer

Guess the ROku support team are stumped too!!

0 Kudos