Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyberkiller
Reel Rookie

Private listening crashing on galaxy s23

Worked fine on my Galaxy s10e. Upgraded to the galaxy s23 and now when I use private listening I have to keep the app open. If I try to switch to another app, the roku mobile app crashes. Very annoying as I cannot use my phone now while private listening. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Private listening crashing on galaxy s23

Did you ever resolve this? I'm having the same issue on my Pixel 6 Pro.

0 Kudos
Cyberkiller
Reel Rookie

I did. You have to enable notifications for the app. 

0 Kudos

Oh interesting. I found another thread saying turn them off which mine already were off. Maybe them being off is screwing it up. I'll give this a try. Thanks so much for the reply. This issue has been driving me nuts. One of my Rokus I only use Private Listening with. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @halszkaraptor,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are concerned about using the private listening feature using your android device.

We recommend starting here to troubleshoot private listening issues: How to resolve an issue with private listening | Official Roku Support

If the steps provided by the Support page still aren't helping, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos

Hi @RokuMary-F 

None of these items addresses my issue. I have a Pixel 6 Pro with the latest version of the Android app. To use Private Listening right now, I have to leave the app open and the screen on. As soon as the app is "closed" or the screen turns off, Private Listening immediately disconnects. I have to turn the screen back on, enable Private Listening again and not turn the screen off. Also occasionally, after the screen turns off and I try to use the app again, I will get errors about the app not responding and I am prompted to Wait or Force Stop the app. I usually Force Stop it and reopen it. Very very frustrating. I've been using Private Listening extremely frequently for years and never had issues like this. It only started occuring in the last 1-2 months. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @halszkaraptor,

Thanks for the quick response.

We understand your sentiments regarding this and we would feel the same way. We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the private listening issue but will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • the mobile device OS, as well as the Roku mobile app version
  • Does it happen when accessing any channels?

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos