Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

Re: Private Listening with App

Its a Galaxy S9 and I use  Galaxy A20s. Both I have restarted. And it says internet is on but it still cuts out. It has said if it wants me to wait or close app.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

I’m trying to help you. I sent you 2 links. Please follow them. Get back to me. When it cuts out look at your WiFi signal on your phone. Not the 4G signal. Also is it cutting out on all channels? Have you tried other headphones? You need to do some troubleshooting on your own. There is nothing to change in the app. Nothing can be done with it. But you have to at least try to troubleshoot. it on your end. So you have a Galaxy S9 but what version of Android are you running? 

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

Thank You for the help. I think O found the fix. Ill let you know what happends.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

What fix? Did you try anything I listed? Any of the links? What do you think was the problem? Can you elaborate?

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

What links? I tried a wifi booster,  it cut out twice last night but came right back in. It is either my phone or Roku's App.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Please reread everything I posted. You’re missing important information. Also can you elaborate on cutting out. Is the app on your phone actually disconnecting? Or is the sound just disconnecting from your headphones. Have you tried another set of headphones? Maybe your headphones are losing the Bluetooth signal. Again it’s not the Roku app. It’s on you. You should not need a Wi-Fi booster if you have a clear strong Wi-Fi signal. What is your internet speed? What are you using for headphones? My Apple AirPods and my Galaxy Buds work awesome on my iPhone 13 Pro. There is nothing to change on the app. The app is the app. Everything else falls on you. The Quality of your Internet connection, The quality of your phone and the quality of the headphones you are using. The app merely duplicates your remote that came with your Roku. But it works via WiFi

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

Thanks I will reread your posts. You are right. I will try new Headphonestonight.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

You’re better off using Bluetooth headphones or earbuds. That way there’s no cord involved. Then you do the private listening through the Roku Remote Control app on Your phone.

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

I have been using my bluetooth headphones. Past two nights only cut off once each night tonight it got Bad again. It just wont stay on private listening. It keeps taking it off. Or it wont let me hit for private listening. You metioned links you sent I dont recall any links but I will check again.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Please go back to the previous posts. It all there. It’s not the app causing the issues because there’s nothing you can do about the app. 

0 Kudos