Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

Private Listening with App

I connect to private listening with the Roku app. It will start fine then my app will say not connected when it is. Then it will do fine then the audio cuts out when the app looks like it is connected. Then it comes in and out. Then will cut off and not unless I close the app and start again it wont connect. Can someone help?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
31 REPLIES 31
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Re: Private Listening with App

Sound like your phone doesn’t have good WiFi signal. Did you try using your phone on the 2.4 or 5.0? You say cutting out but are you using Bluetooth earbuds? Wired headphones? Can you elaborate please 

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

Its on Bluetooth headphones. My internet is working fine I think it is Rokus app.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

The app is the app. I have an iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.3.1 and my Apple AirPods. I have zero issues. Again is your phone getting a strong WiFi signal? Did you try both the 2.4 and 5.0? Have you been trying to restart your phone?

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

The Wifi is not the issue. And yes I have restated my phone and even removed the app and uploaded it again.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

You didn’t answer my questions. Are you using the official Roku Remote app (8.2.0)? Are you using iOS 15? Have you tried the 2.4 WiFi signal vs the 5.0 signal? There are over a million downloads of the Roku Remote app. Not much else to tell you. It’s a phone app. It works for millions 

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

I got the app on Google Play. I have no idea what you mean by 8.0 

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

2.5 Wifi singnal? I dont know tec stuff.

0 Kudos
Graceffa1991
Binge Watcher

@TrooperDada326 wrote:

The app is the app. I have an iPhone 13 Pro running iOS 15.3.1 and my Apple AirPods. I have zero issues. Again is your phone getting a strong WiFi signal? Did you try both the 2.4 and 5.0? Have you been trying to restart your phone?

I use the offical App from Roku itself.

0 Kudos
TrooperDada326
Roku Guru

Ok so you have an Android phone. There are tons of Roku apps in the Google play store. Only One is made by Roku. Your WiFi broadcasts dual bands. 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz. Your phone should be able to connect to either one. Be sure your running Android version 10 or higher. You never said you had an Android phone. You can try these steps. Go into your phone settings. Follow these instructions to clear the app data and cache. 

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/clear-cache-android/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roku.remote&hl=en_US&gl=US

0 Kudos