Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kamro001
Reel Rookie

Private Listening disappeared from my Roku remote mobile app and I can’t get it back!

I own a fairly new pair of ‘Beats’ headphones, probably only about a year old. They work beautifully, and I had been enjoying the private listening feature through them via my Roku tv and Roku mobile app since the day I brought them home. About a month ago, I noticed the ‘headphone’ icon on my mobile app vanished and no matter what I do, I can’t get it back! I’ve exhausted all of the ‘how to fix it’ suggestions from Roku support website.  I’ve updated Roku app numerous times. I’ve deleted it, reinstalled, installed a different version, deleted that one..I’ve updated all software on phone and Roku tv. Wireless connection says ‘excellent’. Where did my private listening go and will I ever get it back? Someone help! Thanks:) 

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Private Listening disappeared from my Roku remote mobile app and I can’t get it back!

Hello @Kamro001

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Is your phone on the same wifi network as the Roku?  Have you tried rebooting your wireless router along with your Roku device and your mobile phone? Visit Settings>System>System restart to reboot your Roku device.

Please take a look at our Support page for troubleshooting steps regarding private listening with your remote here: How to resolve an issue with private listening

Please keep us posted with the details.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Kamro001
Reel Rookie

Re: Private Listening disappeared from my Roku remote mobile app and I can’t get it back!

Thank you for your reply. I did do all of the above that you mentioned in your message. Still no private listening. Also, the Roku app constantly says that my TV is off when I’m in the middle of changing channels. It will then have to search and reconnect. I usually have to close out if the app and turn it back in for it to reconnect with my TV. It is not on eco-mode and all settings are up to date.It has to search for my television every single time I turn the remote on. Sometimes It can’t find the “device”, sometimes It can. Is this the only app available ? I see others in the posts with same issues:-/ starting to think Roku will annoy us into purchasing another remote:-/ 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Kamro001,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We're so sorry to hear about the experience and We will work with you to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue with your Roku mobile app that is missing the headphone icon. 

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • the mobile device brand, model, and OS, as well as the Roku mobile app version

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you further with this issue. Thank you!

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos