Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobW1836
Reel Rookie

Private Listening Spotty Since Update

For the last few days the sound has been cutting out for 3-5 seconds at a time while using Private Listening. It happens about every 5 minutes.

I've tried the usual fixes (for any issue) and uninstalled and reinstalled the Roku Mobile app, and also unplugged my (TCL) Roku TV and plugging it back in. Neither has worked.

Is anyone else having this or similar issues? 

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Private Listening Spotty Since Update

Yes it’s happening to me to.  Sometimes it never comes back so I have disconnect my iPhone from my Wi-Fi and then reconnect.  It works for awhile then the same thing.

0 Kudos
RobW1836
Reel Rookie

I have a development. Not progress, mind you, but a development.

I've found that if I disconnect my headphones and just use Private Listening on my phone's speaker it works fine. The issue is 100% gone. I only tried this because I tried using a different set of headphones and it was actually worse on one set of headphones than on the other. 

To be perfectly clear, I don't get this sound disconnect when using any other app with either headphones. So it must be something the app is doing to the Bluetooth connection to my headphones? Does anyone who understands this sort of thing (not me) think that's possible?

Cordcutr
Reel Rookie

It's definitely possible, as I've had the exact same experience. But why it has the problem with Bluetooth and how to fix it...on that I'm stumped. 

Between the private listening issue and an issue with all live TV antenna reception suddenly getting stuck down at 1 bar, I've been mega frustrated. Sorry I don't have a solution, but I wanted you to know you all aren't alone in this!

0 Kudos