Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Itzz_kevin13
Reel Rookie

Netflix and YouTube mobile control not working

I’ve been trying to connect my phone’s YouTube to my tv’s but I won’t be able to because it just won’t pop up and after that i tried casting to Netflix and I was still not able to.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Netflix and YouTube mobile control not working

@Itzz_kevin13

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Are you trying to cast or screen mirror to your TV? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Have you made sure that your mobile device is on the same wireless network as the Roku device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Itzz_kevin13
Reel Rookie

Yes, Ive been trying to cast my YouTube app to my Phillips Roku tv but once I go in the cast section my tv won’t appear in that section. I have double checked my phone and tv are in the same network and I tried fully resetting my tv but it still won’t work. I’ve tried it with other apps like Netflix and I still haven’t been able to cast so it would really help me if you could tell me some steps that might solve my problem. Thank you!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Itzz_kevin13

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue for you, but need more specific details. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-mobile device brand, model, and OS
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of what you is shown on screen

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos