Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrewb117

Mobile app won't connect unless tv restart or network check.

I'm so tired of having to do all these work arounds every day multiple times a day for my Roku Mobile app to connect to the tv. I either have to unplug the TV and plug it back in or go to network settings and "check connection" for it to reset and connect. This app used to work great all the time. I don't know what updates you've done to mess it all up but you need to go back to the version from like over a year ago. I have 3 Roku tvs and had 2 before these 3. They used to be a great product now not so much. 

10 REPLIES 10
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Mobile app won't connect unless tv restart or network check.

See if these two things help:

Settings > System > Power > Fast TV Start  (enable)
Settings > System > Power > Auto power savings (disable)

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Uhhidk

100% correct 

0 Kudos
Uhhidk

This does not resolve the issues, it only consumes more energy which makes your electricity bill higher. They need to go BACK to the previous version of the Roku Mobil app or figure out what bugs are going on. I shouldn’t have to restart my tv because the app says the tv isn’t awake 

Rdubya86

Glad I’m not the only one who’s having this problem. Remote app used to work fine but now it won’t connect to my tv 80% of the one.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Rdubya86

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MC2402

No you won’t resolve the issue. We’ve been complaining about this for over a year.

Ryanna724

The mobile app is saying I am not connected to Wi-Fi? I have checked the IP address and restarted the TV and rebooted my router. 
A week ago it worked?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Ryanna724

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the requested information in my previous post?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
yankfade
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R

I have this issue as well. When I open the Roku app on my Android phone and go to devices, sometimes it will not connect to my TCL Roku TV. If I restart the TV via Settings > System > Power > Restart, once the TV has finished restarting the Android app is once again able to connect to the TV. This happens multiple times per week.

0 Kudos