Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwilyumr

Mobile app not finding device

Suddenly, the mobile app on neither my iPhone nor my iPad can find my Roku streaming stick+. OF COURSE both the roku and iPhone/iPad are on the same network. I've been using the mobile app every day, and DEPEND ON IT COMPLETELY to both navigate the device and get my audio. I have unplugged my router/modem, and rebooted the streaming stick as well. I have deleted and redownloaded the app. Again, the app on neither the iPad NOR iPhone is able to find the device, it is clearly a problem with ROKU and its mobile app. WTF?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Mobile app not finding device

@mwilyumr--

The problem could be with the iOS Roku app, or it could be with the Roku itself.   If your Roku SS+ has lost its connection to your network, the Roku app can't see it.

Assuming you don't have a physical Roku remote for your Streaming Stick+ that you can troubleshoot with, can you go into your router's control panel and determine whether it shows your SS+ is connected to your network?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
mwilyumr

Yes, naturally I made sure that both the iPhone and the SS+ are connecting to the network. So yes, the SS+ is connected to the network -- I used the regular remote to test this. However, as I mentioned in my post, I connect my audio using the mobile app, so I depend on the mobile app 100%

0 Kudos
dalehawaii

I had a similar issue with my iPad (iPadOS 16.2) that had started a couple of weeks ago (though my iPhone is still connected). I did everything recommended by Roku (ensured devices were on the same network, etc.), deleted & reinstalled the Roku app, and did a full reset on my Roku Ultra to no avail. I eventually solved it today by performing the nuclear option: a full and a complete restore of my iPad via iTunes. Though I wasn’t keen to do this, I did as that my last option. It took a few hours, and that solved it. I can now find my Roku devices on my iPad. 

0 Kudos