Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZakirahH

Mobile App not connecting IP Address

My roku app is telling me to put in my Tv's IP Address to connect, yet whenever I put it in it says "A Roku device was not found at this IP Address." 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Mobile App not connecting IP Address

@ZakirahH

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CD1964
Reel Rookie

we have 2 iphones, 3 roku tvs. 1 iphone will connect to 3 tvs. the other iphone no longer connects to the bedroom tv, but will connect to the other 2 roku devices. Not connecting is a change, it worked last week with zero issues.

steps we have taken:

turned off and on all devices.

made sure every device was on the same network

Manually typed in the IP address of the Roku TV

checked for software updates

uninstalled and reinstalled Roku app.

Thanks, this is really frustrating. And I have not seen one good answer to this question. CD

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@CD1964 

Thanks for the post.

We would be happy to assist you further, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• mobile device brand, model and OS
  • how far is this Roku TV from the wireless router
  • have you already tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that helps

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CD1964
Reel Rookie

So iPhone 11 and 13. the Roku tv is 2nd floor, router is basement, but I have boosters on every floor.  Wifi speed is in the 300 megabytes. This has been the setup for a year now. None of that information has changed since we developed issues several weeks ago.  Rebooting did not help.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@CD1964

Thanks for following up. 

We kindly suggest attempting to relocate the TV to the basement, where the wireless router is located, to ascertain if the issue persists when connecting to your mobile device. This is to eliminate any potential wireless network connectivity problems. We appreciate it if you could provide us with an update on the outcome when tried this.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos

I was having exact same issue as you. I also have iPhone 11 and iPhone 13 as well as an iPad We have everything updated. Tried the restarts, checked network connections, and strength. No luck connecting. I wanted to isolate that my phone was truly only using the wifi so I shutoff Bluetooth and cellular signal. Immediately Roku app found every Roku device in my house, we have 2 Roku Smart TVs and 2 Roku streaming sticks across 4 different rooms spanning a couple thousand square feet. 

I have been able to recreate the problem several times now by forgetting the devices, uninstalling the app, et cetera and every time my cellular and bluetooth is enabled, Roku finds nothing either thru auto-discovery or manual IP address entry. As soon as I ensure that only wifi is enabled on our Apple devices, auto discovery of the devices is instantaneous. Weird cause Roku app settings has no option to enable either Bluetooth nor Cellular Data. 

As well, once connected, I can re-enable Cellular and Bluetooth, not touching Wifi, of course, and so far, the devices are staying connected and the remote functions are working. 

0 Kudos
Poppy2
Streaming Star

Try going to Settings / Network / Check Connection on your Roku. After running it, see if the mobile app recognizes your device. 

0 Kudos