Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skenisahen
Reel Rookie

How to fix iPhone app not connecting to Roku TV

My iPhone Roku app will not connect to Roku TV. My wife and I used to love this feature… as recently as a few days ago. Now our phones just say they want to try to wake the device and never connect. Connecting via IP address does not work. Connecting with my Android device works just fine. When will the iOS app work again?

Labels (2)
24 REPLIES 24
HonoreeK
Reel Rookie

Re: How to fix iPhone app not connecting to Roku TV

Same problem here. Using an iPhone 12. Phone and TV on the same Wi-Fi. It used to work and now it doesn’t.

skenisahen
Reel Rookie

It appears they broke the app and aren’t addressing it. The App Store is flooded with bad reviews from the past week or so. I can’t believe they broke the best part of their app and are doing nothing. 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@skenisahen @HonoreeK

Thanks for the post.

Have you recently checked for a mobile app update? If you are still experiencing an issue, can you please provide the mobile app version and we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
skenisahen
Reel Rookie

Hey look at that! It works again!

0 Kudos
Sacabriki
Reel Rookie

I have an iPhone X ios version 15.3 and have updated the app but I still can’t connect to my device from the app. Can you please help me fix this thanks 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Sacabriki

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Is your Roku device connected to the same wireless network as your Roku device? 

For more information about Airplay, visit our Support page here: Screen mirror your Apple device with AirPlay

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HonoreeK
Reel Rookie

Re: iPhone app won’t connect to Roku TV

Phone and TV on the same Wi-Fi. It works sometimes but not others. And, when it does work and the tv is on for an hour or two, then it doesn’t work. It will try to “wake” the Roku TV but it can’t do it.

0 Kudos
Sacabriki
Reel Rookie

Yes my phone and Roku is connected to the same wireless network but it will not find or connect to my device through the Roku app.  Thanks 

JLJ

Since we have been upgraded to iOS 15 I have been having this issue. I thought that it was because iOS had an update that I needed to do. I have had this issue 3 times now. Two of the previous times I updated my iOS and the app worked again. This is after many times of restarting my wifi router, my Roku, and my iPhone.  Then deleting the app and installing it again. Logging out of the Roku app and back in. The only device my app will recognize is our Roku TV which is newer than my Roku Express boxes. I have even tried connecting manually.  I have tried everything in the Roku help nothing is working right now and there is no new iOS update waiting to be installed. I have checked to make sure there is no updates to the app itself and the Roku is updated. Super frustrating it was working all day and tonight it’s not.