Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luisfilipesilva
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix Roku remote app that keeps crashing

Jump to solution

Hey guys, apparently the update 7.5.2 fix that bug for me. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I'm having same issue, iPhone 13 pro max, ios 14.4...latest Roku app. I reset network settings, but when i connect to wifi the app crashes. When I turn wifi off and click on Devices, it says "Cant Find Network...please make sure you're connected to your wireless network and try again"

0 Kudos
geniusbar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@lpg1andonly 

the issue was resolved in latest app version 8.1.1

please update your App from AppStore 

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/roku-official-remote-control/id482066631

let us know if it worked for you 

0 Kudos
Poopy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Will no longer open. Uninstalled, reinstalled (several times).

App icon shows but nothin happens--get word roku in white on purple background & go back to homescreen.

Worked last night, not this morning.

I am sorry I forgot to mention Iphone 6 plus. iOS 12.5.5. ONLY using for a Roku remote. No cell service. Internet service & connected.

Roku app won't stay "active" long enough to say what version, but uninstalled & re-installed yesterday, so would presume latest version/update.

NOT overly computer/iphone savvy.

Finally discovered there was an update to Roku app on 6/21. Bet it is no longer compatible with my "unupdateable" IOS version.

kepperjack
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having same problem.  Official Roku app crashes a couple seconds after ROKU splash screen appears.  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  Was working fine last night.

0 Kudos
K826
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same problem.  Started today, was fine yesterday.  Can someone please help!,,

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

When you report an issue like this, you need to provide the OS the app is running on, version, and specific descriptions of what is happening.

I just used the app a few minutes ago without an issue. iPhone XR, iOS 15.5, Roku app version 8.4.0.6. The last app update I received was on June 21, and I've used it a couple of times since then. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Poopy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am sorry I forgot to mention Iphone 6 plus. iOS 12.5.5. ONLY using for a Roku remote. No cell service. Internet service & connected.

Roku app won't stay "active" long enough to say what version, but uninstalled & re-installed yesterday, so would presume latest version/update.

NOT overly computer/iphone savvy.

0 Kudos
K826
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Using iPad iOS 12.5.5 and installed roku remote control app on 6/27/22 version 8.4.0

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@K826 @Poopy you're both running quite old versions of the iOS, which also means you're running hardware Apple no longer supports. It's possible the app simply won't work on those older devices/OS versions. I can't say that for sure. But the app is working fine on the current version of iOS and the latest version of the app. Unfortunately, when Apple makes major changes to the OS, often apps will no longer work on the older, unsupported hardware. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos