Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luisfilipesilva
Channel Surfer

Re: roku remote app keeps crashing

Jump to solution

Hi, I’ve installed the new version, but the problem remains. I got that black screen but my Roku Express is connected to the same Wi-Fi of my phone. I uploaded that image to help you understand. 

EB3FC9E5-826A-4DFB-8F4E-5A7F5E079C45.png

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@luisfilipesilva

Thanks for the post.

Can you provide more information about the device you are using the Roku mobile app with? What iOS is your iPhone on?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
geniusbar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@llescody @luisfilipesilva @atc98092 I was reading it and restarting the phone also fixed the issue for some users. You may have already tried it but I thought it might be helpful. 

0 Kudos
Madlo45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have same issue with exact specs

0 Kudos
Plnii

Re: How to fix Roku remote app that keeps crashing

Jump to solution

iPhone 8. iOS 14.4. Have latest version of app. Reboot did not work. The app opens for 1s and immediately crashes. 

0 Kudos
luisfilipesilva
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I tried that, didn’t work 

0 Kudos
luisfilipesilva
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi, I’m using an iPhone 8 Plus with iOS 14.4. My Roku device is a Roku Express. I’m having this issue since the version 7.5.0 of the Roku app. The update for 7.5.1 didn’t solve this problem for me.

0 Kudos
SDHomie

Jump to solution

Mine has been crashing every time I go to turn my tv on. I did everything as well, restarted phone, deleted then reinstalled the app. Eventually I went to the app again and there was an update. Once I updated it stopped crashing. I have an iPhone. Go to the Roku app in your App Store and see if there is an update available 

0 Kudos
geniusbar
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@llescody @SDHomie @luisfilipesilva @Plnii @Madlo45 

7.5.1 did fix the issue for me but not for everyone. I see there is another update today on AppStore. Did you guys try that? https://apps.apple.com/us/app/roku-official-remote-control/id482066631

0 Kudos
Madlo45
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This did fix the issue for me. Thanks

0 Kudos