Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Centaur

Re: How to fix Roku mobile app that keeps disconnecting from device

First, you must have a Roku Remote Control. If you don't, buy another one.

Go to the Roku Home page --> "Settings" --> "Network" --> "Check Connection"

Roku will reset the connection and you then you must restart the Roku App on your Smart Phone.

Works for me everytime.

0 Kudos
azkolb

That may work but it's not something I want to have to do EVERY 20 MINUTES! I ditched my Roku (and it's  worthless mobile app), and bought an Amazon Fire Stick and haven't had a bit of trouble connecting my Bluetooth headphones to it AND I don't need an app to do it.

BigkidTam

I have an iPhone & I’m having same problem with my ROKU app not connecting with my TV. When the connection problems arose w/all 4 of my ROKU TCL TV’s, all of them started a kooky glitch. The glitch is, when I power on (& I have mine set to show local antenna channels when powered on) that it automatically skips back 2 channels on its own sometime w/in the first 5-10 seconds. I think this is an update glitch w/ROKU. All my TV’s doing this can’t connect & kooky channel skip thing, and the TV’s update on their own. IMHO it’s a bad update & ROKU needs to fix it! Been going on for months! 

***I have found that if you go to Settings>Network>Check Connection, then during that process go to ROKU App & hit connect device (whichever TV your on at time) it will connect and the remote & earphones will work for a time, but it does keep disconnecting and you have to repeat the process I stated above... ARRRGH!

0 Kudos
theansible
Reel Rookie

i figured out a permanent fix for this.

go into android settings -> apps -> all apps -> roku -> app battery usage.

set it to "unrestricted".

it actually doesn't use that much battery at all and it always stays connected now. happy streaming! 

0 Kudos