Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mobile app cannot find connected devices

Jump to solution

This is a well-documented issue, and Roku has admitted there's a problem with the most recent update. Sites including TechCrunch have spoken with the company and were told devs "are working on it." That was weeks ago.

It sounds to me like a LOT of Roku users, including me, are tired of waiting. Fix the problem or roll back the update, @Roku, and stop dancing around the issue or putting it back on us. Neither of my two Roku TVs works, so the problem is on YOUR side, not ours.

a_fields
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, I’m never purchasing a roku tv again. A few weeks ago I would’ve in a heartbeat. 

ariashober

Jump to solution

Roku device model - 3930X- Roku Express
-serial number - X00400WJRRG3
-device ID- S008517JRRG3
-software OS/version - 10.5.0 build 4208-AE

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

I have tried literally everything to make the app connect to my roku. Even entering the IP manually doesn't work. I get the error message on the app that says something along the lines of we cannot find the IP address. It's all connected to the same network and the IP addresses match up. I am extremely frustrated because I just bought it today to find out that it doesn't work. Also, there's no customer support for these issues which is ridiculous. Instead we have to go looking through forum after forum when every single one says the same thing.  @RokuMary-F 

0 Kudos
cchill

Jump to solution

@VicJag1 wrote:

My roku's never had a problem before interacting with the app. And now the app claims it can't find connected devices. Roku if it ain't broke don't try and fix it. I haven't had these issues before the new updates.

Mine too. I tried everything I could think of, finally went to uninstall and reinstall the roku app but it keeps failing.  I really need it for private listening and now it's fooooked.

cmc5659

Jump to solution

I'm having this same issue.  My app on my phone cannot find the roku streaming stick anymore.  I can't use my roku if this doesn't get resolved.

Ahsila

Jump to solution

Having the same issue have rebooted/uninstalled/reinstalled everything. Mobile app still not recognizing any of my Roku TVs. 

Roku device model: C105X TCL TV Model 50S423
-serial number: X00000PE7S5S
-device ID: S036D02E7S5S
-software OS/version: 10.5.0-BUILD 4201-93

Thanks for any help

0 Kudos
sebastianOM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

The roku app is still no working nor the air play!

SO SAD to see how the days are passing by and no official response from Roku. They know that the problem came with the last up-date and they remain in silence.

i bought my TV just 4 months ago! I demand an immediate response to all of us!!!

KatjaForest
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey, @RokuKariza-D, will tagging you make you respond?

0 Kudos
nazgul
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Try this quick fix first before messing with settings that were fine a minute ago, or resetting, or calling down The Wrath upon Roku.

Roku app was fine unti I hit "forget this device." Mobile app would not find device again. After reading all the above and trying everything the only fix that worked was leaving the mobile app on searching for device, then unplugging the Roku TV, plug back in and let app search while Roku started up. Mobile  app found device, no trouble since.

Best guess is an update that needs a full shutdown and restart to work, and Roku never fully shuts down, even when you hit the power off button. So you have unplug and plug back in for a reboot.

KatjaForest
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Not sure doing all that a second time will help, but odd that Roku sent me an email informing me this was a solution instead of responding themselves.  After I did it after talking with customer service they decided that I need to call my TV manufacturer.  My TV manufacturer told me to call Roku.  Roku told me they had fixed my problem.