Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sebastianOM
Channel Surfer

Re: Mobile app cannot find connected devices

Jump to solution

-Roku device model: 100012585
-serial number: X00000NX5LAD
-device ID: S06MC00X5LAD
-software OS/version: 10.5.0 build 4201-CF

0 Kudos
Sbc4smb

Jump to solution

Where can you find settings? I don’t have a remote any longer that’s why I use my app and I can’t find a settings option on the app to find the information you want. This needs fixed!!!

0 Kudos
Mikeoncamera
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mary,

If you have read all the complaints about this and did a google search regarding this issue you would already know that we are connected to the same wifi network. My mobile Roku app sees my Hisense Roku TV and will not connect to it. I can not screen mirror to my Roku tv any loner either. Not from my iPad or two different Macbooks. Nothing works. Read the complaints fully instead of telling us to simply check we are on the same wifi. We are. Routers have been rebooted. Mobile apps deleted and reinstalled. Nothing is working. Many people are complaining about this and say it is from the recent Roku update which my Hisense does automatically. I've used the mobile app and Airplay for two years without issues until last week. Offer a real solution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hello Mary,

I’m having the same issue as other customers are having. Here is my device information. I have a Roku TV.

TCL model number: 32S301

Serial number: YK001S316859

Software version: 10.5.0 build 4201-48

Device ID: AT4001316859

memkart
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Screenshot_20211203-225012_Chrome.jpg

This is unbelievable to me how inadequate support is. I thought my problem was a Google connectivity issue, but after reading all of these responses I see it is a Roku issue. All was working fine yesterday. Today, the mobile cannot find the TV. But, the remote works fine. An unacceptable problem. 

lilsmama
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Adding myself to the list:

-Roku device model: Roku TV C134X, TCL Model 43S435
-serial number: X00000WLRMRJ
-device ID: S02ST11LRMRJ
-software OS/version: 10.5.0 build 4201-93
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)

-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing: I don't know at what point it happens - I think after a certain period of idle time - but mobile app will stop being able to connect to my TV. In some cases, it says it can't wake up the device, in others not. My TV appears in the device list, just can't connect to the mobile app. Both are on the same wifi network. The only "solution" I've found is performing a network reset on my TV every time it happens. This seems to restore TV's ability to connect to Roku mobile app. But wow, it's not exactly relaxing to have to do this over and over again multiple times a day. 

memkart
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am happy to learn there even is a solution...albeit a tedious one. I need to get my bluetooth headphones to connect...which they can ONLY do with the mobile app. Oh, of course, I could also buy more Roku "stuff"...supposedly they could connect if I buy Roku speakers or a sound bar. Kind of dumb if you need to listen with headphones!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I’m on a iOS device, an iPad. Just recently, my Roku remote app have been disconnected. Everytime I try to reconnect to the Internet, it disconnects within seconds. The problem lies within the Roku remote app. The regular remote works fine. The strange thing is that the Roku TV shows the connection but the Roku app doesn’t. I went through the connection thoroughly and it connects for a short time but afterwards, the device disconnects from the app. It usually stays connected. I thought it was coming from my internet service but the TV clearly shows a good connection. I just figured out it has to be some kind of defect within the app itself. Without the app, there is no way anyone can go online and cast videos on their TV, there is no other way to use Airplay or Bluetooth connection.. The tech support must have another system update to fix the app issue. 

lilsmama
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

In my case, it appears to be Roku TV issue. I tried downloading a paid app that can control the Roku, too and it has the same problems the regular Roku app has. 

I wish I had the option to roll back from 10.5 update to 10.0, like some others got, but it seems like Roku's decided I'm not worthy of a working TV.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

It sounds like a system update issue because we haven’t had any connection issues before with the app.