Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VicJag1

How to connect Roku device to mobile app (message: can't find connected devices)

Jump to solution

My roku's never had a problem before interacting with the app. And now the app claims it can't find connected devices. Roku if it ain't broke don't try and fix it. I haven't had these issues before the new updates.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nazgul
Channel Surfer

Re: Mobile app cannot find connected devices

Jump to solution

Try this quick fix first before messing with settings that were fine a minute ago, or resetting, or calling down The Wrath upon Roku.

Roku app was fine unti I hit "forget this device." Mobile app would not find device again. After reading all the above and trying everything the only fix that worked was leaving the mobile app on searching for device, then unplugging the Roku TV, plug back in and let app search while Roku started up. Mobile  app found device, no trouble since.

Best guess is an update that needs a full shutdown and restart to work, and Roku never fully shuts down, even when you hit the power off button. So you have unplug and plug back in for a reboot.

View solution in original post

81 REPLIES 81
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @VicJag1

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about the issue you're running into? Does it only happen on one channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Are you getting an error message? 

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
sebastianOM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am also experiencing the same problem. My Roku app does not find my ONN Roku TV. I never had this problem before.

Additionally the air play does not work. It is like the TV has lost its connectivity.

please help me with this.

Carolyn6

Jump to solution

Mobile app can no longer find roku tv.  It only finds tvs not made by roku (with Roku sticks).  Mobile app was how i was using earbuds - what are other good ways?  

Is there a way to undo last update to my roku tv? 

The company's reply so far is not helpful.

Carolyn6

Jump to solution

Same problem.  Last update was Nov. 9 on my roku tv.  Unless fixed will recommend don't buy a Roku tv.

Carolyn6

Jump to solution

Need a better reply.  

Carolyn6

Jump to solution

My stupid roku tv is not found by your mobile device application since the last update to the tv.  At all!  All of us are having the same problem.  The only error message the tv says it is not connected to the internet even thobit is and works fine otherwise.  Your comment above seems like irrelevant gibberish to me that implies you did not understand or even read the post.

Mikeoncamera
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Roku app on my iPad will no longer connect to my Hisense TV which it never had a problem with before. It sees my Hisense 65" Roku TV, it is on the same wifi network, I've even tried to connect manually by entering the IP address in system settings for the network, and nothing works. It will not connect.

Not only will the mobile app no longer work but I can no longer use my iPad or either of my MacBooks to Airplay mirror any of my Apple devices to my Hisense Roku TV. Same wifi network and nothing. It worked briefly on my new MacBook a week ago but kept freezing the video I was watching while it was still playing on my new MacBook. When I tried again to Airplay to my Roku TV it would no longer even connect. 

This is extremely aggravating to say the least, Roku. No mobile app, no screen mirroring. Things I purchased this TV for and have used without a problem for two years.

All installed apps on the Hisense Roku TV work. The most recent app I installed was the Apple TV app before I noticed these problems. I have rebooted my router and every device is connected to my home network. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Roku mobile app for my iPad to no avail.

sebastianOM
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

We as Roku customers need an inmediate response to this. I bouth the ROKU TV because I could mirror my Iphone and IPAD. Since the update this can not be perform any more. This is an Scam from Roku

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

If your Roku device does not appear on the discovery screen, learn why the Roku mobile app may not be able to find your Roku device

Note: The mobile device running the app must be connected to the same wireless network that your Roku device is connected to.

If the issue persists, please help us with the required details below for us to send the case for investigation to our engineering team, and will update you.
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting you with your needs. Thank you!

Regards,
Mary