Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RitaC8385
Channel Surfer

Having trouble with replay on my phone

I have the Roku app on my Android phone. I watch a program on my phone, partly, then when I want to continue, the app tells me I need to connect to a TV. The app says, "Continue watching on TV".

This is annoying and a new issue.

Please advise.

Rita

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Having trouble with replay on my phone

@RitaC8385

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? Can you provide a specific title that this issue occurs with?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RitaC8385
Channel Surfer

Let's use Midsommer Murders as an example.  I've been watching it occasionally on my phone. I would click on it in "Continue watching". Now it says, "Continue watching on TV"

home screen on phonehome screen on phoneI watched a few seconds on my phoneI watched a few seconds on my phoneI come back to it a few minutes laterI come back to it a few minutes laterIf I click on it, it says, Add a device.If I click on it, it says, Add a device.

I've captioned the photos.  Basically, I start watching something on my phone, but if I stop and return to    it it wants to only play it on a device. This is very inconvenient.  It used to let me continue watching on   my phone but now it doesn't.  I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesn't work.  Doesn't matter if I'm home or not. 

0 Kudos
Joregon
Reel Rookie

I am having the exact same issue. It just started recently and tech support never got back to me after their initial troubleshooting steps didn't work.

0 Kudos
RitaC8385
Channel Surfer

Danny, I've given you more information. Is there more that you need?

Rita

0 Kudos