Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristi90

Forge device issue on mobile app

One of my children accidentally put forget device on the mobile roku remote app and now my app won't detect any of my TV devices. How can I fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Forge device issue on mobile app

@Kristi90 

They should reappear under the "Devices" tab for you to reconnect them.

If not, just make sure both your phone/mobile device and the Roku devices are on the same network and then restart both the Roku mobile app and your Roku devices.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Forge device issue on mobile app

@Kristi90-

I have the Roku remote app on my android phone.   When I have it on the Devices screen where I can choose the Roku I want to control, the app indicates it is searching for devices every 10 seconds or so.

I just told the Roku remote app on my android phone to forget one of my Rokus.  On the very next search for devices, the "forgotten" Roku showed up at the bottom of the screen, labeled "New Device Found".  All I had to do then was click on it to get it back into the device list.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos