Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable IOS Keyboard

My Roku app on two different iPhones defaults to keyboard mode every time. When I load the app and press the icon to load the remote, it immediately goes past the remote into “enter new playlist name” requiring me to back out again to the remote. I can’t load the remote without doing this. It didn’t used to do this. I want to disable it because I never use the keys anyway.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tyler5136

Re: Disable IOS Keyboardissnnxjxisbwjwisjddd

Did this ever get solved? I have an android and an iPhone. The Android does not ha e this problem which is frustrating. Every single time I switch from a different screen to the remote it opens the keyboard and I ha e to close it

0 Kudos
Teressat95

Re: Disable IOS - need assistance

I’d also like to know if this has been resolved. Mine does it too. And it’s starting to not respond as quickly when I tap the x. Everytime I open the remote app the keyboard opens with the last word I typed. And, interestingly enough, when I delete and actually type on it, it no longer works on the Roku. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Teressat95

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
muffinbear

@RokuDanny-R 

I’ve been having this same issue. When I open the Roku app (connected to a TCL Roku 50” TV) on my phone (iPhone 13 operating iOS 16.1.2), it automatically opens up to the keyboard feature. I have to close out of the keyboard every single time I open the app. I’ve tried clicking ”done” after typing something, restarting the app, and deleting then redownloading the app. Nothing has improved, and recently the remote has started freezing after closing the keyboard.

I have two TCL Roku TVs, and my 50” is the only one that does this. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@muffinbear

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried disconnecting the mobile app to the TCL Roku TV and then reconnecting to see if you still experiencing an issue? Are you experiencing the same issue if you connect the Roku mobile app to the other TCL Roku TV?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos