Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jetdawg

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Until just recently the roku I use daily worked fine.  Now it does not connect and or does not play, or goes back to the menu on it's own.  I have had it for a few years.  Does there come a time that it just does not work anymore and I need to buy another one?  

0 Kudos
RokuMaresa
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku channel will not play movies!

Hi @Doomsayr
We appreciate you continuing to give us information.
We have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

We'll be sure to update this Community discussion as soon as any details become available.
We greatly appreciate your understanding and patience as we wait.

Regards

Mares

MaresH.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DoofyMusic
Channel Surfer

Well, "good" job, Roku. This **bleep** is a problem again. Only took 4 weeks to break down. This problem is pure nonsense. You can't tell me you don't know how you're screwing things up. If you CAN say that, it means you aren't experts in your proclaimed field of business.

Please fix it again. No, you can't have my hardware specs, since this problem happens to a myriad of specs, if you read this thread history.

Doomsayr
Binge Watcher

I can't imagine a company not knowing how to fix their own products. It seems like this has been off and on for years. I wouldn't be shocked if roku goes out of business over stuff like this. For the same price I coulda got a Samsung.

0 Kudos
jeejmm

Channel playback issue on The Roku Channel

eg:  Play S1 E8, hit OK and it goes back to S1 E8.  I checked for updates again, it says up to date.  Removed the channel again, powered off the TV and then re-installed it, the issue did not get resolved.  I have 2 TV, one is a smart TV and the other can connect and both TVs are having the same issue.

0 Kudos
AlanAnderson
Streaming Star

So far Roku has been entirely not helpful with this huge problem. I just posted this in a tech forum to see if their is anyone, just anyone with a bit more tech expertise than Roku seems to have. 

SUGGESTIONS? I am not getting anywhere with ROKU support and thought I'd post this here to see if anyone has a suggestion.
It occurs only on Roku Channel, all others (Paramount, Peacock, Prime and others) work fine. I have uninstalled Roku Channel, rebooted and reinstalled Roku Channel with no change in symptoms. It is powered via power strip, not the TV. Restarting the router/modem does nothing. Factory resetting does nothing. Uninstalling Roku Channel, restarting, then reinstalling does nothing. All suggested fixes do not help playback for the Roku Channel. Every other channel works perfectly fine without any issues.
A select few live TV channels within the Roku channel will play but that's it, not a single TV series or movie will play.
I have been dealing with multiple Roku weenies for 3+ months and all I get is "Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated
BTW, there are many other Roku users with the same complaint.

MysticRainbow
Reel Rookie

ROKU Channel does not work May 27. 2023

I can't watch much of anything from.this channel... restarted... removed and added channel.... nothing!

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channel playback issue on The Roku Channel

Hi @jeejmm,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you tried checking the software of your Roku, removing the channel again, powering off the TV, and re-installing the channel, but it didn't work. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but will need more details. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System >About)
  • Channel and version the issue is occurring on
  • Specific title and episode that they they see the issue with
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Who is your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JESSICATHEBABE
Binge Watcher

Re: The Roku Channel does not play anything

I'm going on over FIVE WEEKS now.....this seems like a very long time to wait for a fix to happen. Can you please give me an update? Thank you

JESSICATHEBABE
Binge Watcher

Re: The Roku Channel does not play anything

@RokuERey 

Hello

I'm going on 5 1/2 weeks now.  Can I get an update? Thank you