Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkauger

Cannot set location/name for TVs on remote app.

Cannot set location/name for TVs on remote app. App says I have log into account to set name, but when I log in, it just goes back to where I started. If I try again it simply does the same thing,

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot set location/name for TVs on remote app.

@mkauger

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried changing the location of your Roku devices through your Roku account at my.roku.com?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChippyTech
Streaming Star

Re: Cannot set location/name for TVs on remote app.

If you are trying to set the location or name for your TVs using the Roku remote app and are experiencing issues, there could be a few different reasons why this is happening. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Make sure that you are using the correct login credentials for your Roku account. If you are not sure what your login credentials are, you can try resetting your password by visiting the Roku website and following the prompts.

2. Check your internet connection. Make sure that your device and your router are connected to the internet and that you have a strong, stable connection.

3. Restart your device and router. Sometimes, restarting your devices can help resolve connectivity issues.

4. Uninstall and reinstall the Roku remote app. This can sometimes help resolve issues with the app.

5. If you are still having difficulty, you may want to contact Roku customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or help you determine if there is a problem with the app or your account.

0 Kudos