Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Can’t connect on new iPhone 14 pro max

@Kmeier003 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

To clarify, are you experiencing difficulties connecting your iPhone 14 Pro Max to your Roku device? Can you confirm if the Roku device and the iPhone are connected to the same network? Also, have you tried restarting both your Roku and iPhone to see if that resolves the issue? Could you also confirm if you are trying to connect your new iPhone 14 Pro Max to your Roku via Airplay or through the Roku mobile app?

Please let us know so we can assist you further.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
jeremiahmccl
Reel Rookie

I have done everything you requested multiple times. I have had no success. My devices do not show up. And if I manually enter the IP address, private listening in the app doesn’t work. It crashes the iOS app. 

To clarify my iPhone is just an iPhone 14 pro not a pro max. The original person who posted has a pro max. 

T-Allen
Reel Rookie

I’m having the exact same issue. I can put the IP address but private listening crashing instantly. Please advise!! 

0 Kudos
Shellcherie
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same issue. iPhone pro max . Wtf roku

0 Kudos
T-Allen
Reel Rookie

I found a fix. You’ll need to go to iCloud and back up your iPhone, then you’ll need to erase then restore your iPhone like new. Here are the steps: (click settings, then general, then scroll to the bottom and select Transfer or reset iPhone, then select Erase All Content and Settings) Make sure you select the option that says ERASE ALL DATA DON’T ERASE ESIM so you won’t have to contact your provider to set up new ESIM. Once the phone reboots to factory settings and you put in your WiFi settings, sign into iCloud, then select the backup you created. Your phone will start to redownload everything on its own. Give it like 30min for everything. THIS WORKED FOR ME!!! Now my iPhone sees all the TV’s on my network and I can do private listening without it crashing. 

Tags (1)
Shellcherie
Reel Rookie

This worked for me. Thank you so so much!!

jeremiahmccl
Reel Rookie

It did work for me. I am frustrated that this is the solution. This “solution” took a ton of time. I would like to see a better “solution”

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Cannot connect New IPhone 14 Plus to Roku Devices using Roku App

Hi @TBoro,

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Is your Roku device connected to the same wireless network as your Roku device? Try removing the app from your iPhone 14 and go to the App Store and download it again and see if that helps resolve the issue you are seeing.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,
Lianna"

0 Kudos
TBoro
Channel Surfer

@RokuLianna,

Yes as identified in my original posting the roku device and IPhone are connected to the same wireless network.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. and it is still not connecting.  

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @TBoro,

Thanks for the post.

Here are some steps you can try to connect your iPhone 14 Plus to your Roku device using the Roku app:

1. Make sure your iPhone and Roku device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
  2. Check that both your iPhone and Roku device has the latest software updates installed.
  3. Restart both your iPhone and Roku device.
  4. Uninstall and reinstall the Roku app on your iPhone.
  5. Try connecting to your Roku device using the "Manual Connection" option in the Roku app.

We hope it helps!

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos