Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Allisonmo2
Reel Rookie

Can no longer use app to play vids from my phone on tv...

Until about a year ago i used the roku app on my galaxy s9+ to stream vids to my tcl tv. I selected media in the app. Clicked my vid and boom it was on tv.

No longer. Now i select a vid in the app and nada on screen. It loads on my phone but never seems to connect.

All vidoes and pics. Same ones that worked fine forever. Already uninstalled and reinstalled the app, factory reset tv, no updates waiting for anything, same wifi network. 

Out of ideas here folks

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Can no longer use app to play vids from my phone on tv...

@Allisonmo2

Thanks for the post.

For more information about screen mirroring, visit our Support page here: Screen mirror your Android or Windows device

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Allisonmo2
Reel Rookie

Yeah close, but no. Not at all talking about screen mirroring. Search your available knowledge base for "play on roku"

It's a feature in your app. That's what's not working.

0 Kudos
Allisonmo2
Reel Rookie

So no further assistance?

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

Ok so you have Galaxy S9. Your using the Roku Remote Control app on your phone. Not the so called Roku app. Your watch something like a YouTube video and you want to cast it over to your TV correct? Can you provide as much information as possible please. So if you are using the official Roku Remote Control app got your phone you can view the Roku channel from within the app on your phone. You can then depending upon what it is choose to watch it on your phone or choose to launch it to your Roku TV. Is this what you mean? Can you provide full details