Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FLH1
Channel Surfer

BUG REPORT: Roku app headphone button does not release audio back to roku tv?

Not sure if the problem lies with #Philips Roku TV firmware or the #ios mobile app but when pressing the headphone button on the mobile app for private listening it works fine but when pressing again to release audio back to TV the volume numbers are restored instead of the headphone icon appearing on the TV and i can raise/lower the numbers with both the mobile app and the physical Roku remote however the TV has no audio output. The only way to restore audio output after a private listening session is to power the TV off and back on again

Please help not sure if I need to return this newly purchased Roku TV to the store or if the mobile app is the culprit???

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: BUG REPORT: Roku app headphone button does not release audio back to roku tv?

Hi @FLH1,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look into this issue but we will need more information. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshot of what is being shown on the screen

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate further

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
FLH1
Channel Surfer

Re: BUG REPORT: Roku app headphone button does not release audio back to roku tv?

Problem is not channel specific! Irt apparently is a disconnect between the app and Roku TV! Once the headphone (private listening) is activated through the app there is no way to return audio to TV (even though the TV thinks its playing because the headphone icon on the TV is replaced by the actual tv volume numbers. I even tried the mute thinking that the TV might think it's muted but thats not it either! Interestingly enough, the private listening audio switching does work with audio coming through the app on the ios device every time it's turned on. Everything else seems to be operating on the TV except this. Is there some switch in the TV settings that needs to be selected to operate properly with the app?

I wasn't sure if tracker ID issue was specific to status (private listening on or private listening off so I supplied screen images both ways (the later tracker ID report is actually with private listening on).IMG_1427.jpgIMG_1428.jpgIMG_1426.jpg 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @FLH1,

Thanks for following up and providing the information.

We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please provide what mobile device brand, model, and OS are you currently using with the Roku mobile app?

With more detailed information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can investigate further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
FLH1
Channel Surfer

iPhone 11 running iOS 15.3.1 and latest Roku app version 8.10.2.4

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@FLH1 

Thanks for the follow up.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@FLH1 

Thanks for your patience while we investigated the issue you are experiencing.

It looks like you are using an older mobile device with an outdated iOS which may be the cause of the issue you are experiencing.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos