Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greyman318
Streaming Star

Re: Get message "you can rewind or fast forward after the break" on Hulu.

Jump to solution

Its not a Hulu issue, its a Roku issue. It only does this on Roku devices, not on my smart TV app, Tablet or Verizon Stream TV. Roku needs to stop passing the buck and fix things. They blamed everything under the sun for my remote issues for over a month before they conceded and sent me a new remote.

0 Kudos
Ootlayorhay
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Greyman318:  You're late to the party.  It was indeed a Hulu issue.  Hulu has since sent out an update to their app to fix the issue.  They screwed up and now they’ve fixed it.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@greyman318 wrote:

Its not a Hulu issue, its a Roku issue. It only does this on Roku devices, not on my smart TV app, 

While the issue has been resolved with Hulu releasing a new version, let me explain again. The Hulu app on your smart TV, phone, or any other device is a completely different app on the Roku. It's written in a different programming language, it runs on a different operating system, and Roku is not the developer of the app. Hulu makes the channel for Roku devices, and they are solely responsible for how it works on Roku devices. You simply can't compare an app on one device with the same app on another device, unless both devices are running the same identical operating system. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
greyman318
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It hasn't been fixed on mine. Been like this since last week.

0 Kudos
greyman318
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

The common denominator is Roku when it comes to these issues. Based on my experiences I stand by what I said.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@greyman318 wrote:

It hasn't been fixed on mine. Been like this since last week.

The new version was just released this afternoon. Do a manual update to get the new channel version.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@greyman318 wrote:

The common denominator is Roku when it comes to these issues. Based on my experiences I stand by what I said.

Your experience is irrelevant and led you to the wrong conclusion/belief - the science/data/facts say otherwise:  The lack of FF/RW and broken quality indicators were caused by a bad Hulu app update (6.45.1) on 7/8, and they were fixed by another Hulu update (6.45.2) today, 7/12.

Hulu caused, Hulu fixed.

0 Kudos
Jaimeemc
Reel Rookie

Re: As of 7/9/2021 Fast forward and rewind doesn't work on HULU.

Jump to solution

Glad to hear they are working on the problem. Strange this is only happening on my Roku device and not on the Xfinity streaming device in the other room. I still can rewind & fast forward Hulu on it.  

0 Kudos
Jaimeemc
Reel Rookie

Re: As of 7/9/2021 Fast forward and rewind doesn't work on HULU.

Jump to solution

This isn’t a problem on other types of streaming devices

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@greyman318 wrote:

Its arrogant condesending jerks like you that keep people off these boards.

If that results in the loss of persistent false/incorrect/misleading claims despite repeated fact provisioning, that's a win for everyone.

0 Kudos