Roku mobile app

Discover troubleshooting and helpful tips for the Roku mobile app. Learn how to use the Roku remote on your phone, add channels, privately listen, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ianamer

App request: currently playing title and time.

Jump to solution

It would be great if the Roku app was able to show what title was currently playing and the timeline of the current media being played.

This would be helpful to see how much time is left while you’re not by the TV and to make sure of what media is being scene potentially by kids.

I know Apple TV has this feature! I have a TCL 5 series from 2019 I’m not sure if this feature is possible with that TV but in general it’s a helpful feature to have! 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: App request: currently playing title and time.

Jump to solution

@Ianamer-

On many Roku channel apps, pausing the play displays a time line showing how much time remains on the program.  Many of them also show the program name.

This is a function of how the channel provider programmed the Roku version of its channel app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: App request: currently playing title and time.

Jump to solution

@Ianamer-

On many Roku channel apps, pausing the play displays a time line showing how much time remains on the program.  Many of them also show the program name.

This is a function of how the channel provider programmed the Roku version of its channel app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos